The Official DC Club

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please welcome Monsta-Tone, member #0037!

Haha I get some very funny looks when we play live with this setup -

josh018ec1tp5.jpg

:lol:

Thanks man :D The DC-5 looked like the ugly duckling before sat next to the Orange so I gave it a little attention! Well also I figured if you'd been wearing the same clothes for nearly 20 years you'd want a change :lol:

I really think it sounds better now. It's a more...juicy tone. A little brighter than before with a more fruity harmonic response :lol:

I think it looks cool, too! Did you tolex that yourself?

BTW, thanks for the sig. I picked up a DC-5 a few months ago and I have been lurking here ever since. I've gotten a lot of useful information from this forum already so I figured I should introduce myself and start sharing my own experiences. As a matter of fact, Monsta-Tone was the first person I that I made contact with (about month ago, to get his list of DC mods - thanks, man!). And how cool is that that he is 37 and I am 38?

Hehe thanks Randy, yeah i did it myself :)

And yeah that is a pretty funny coincidence! :lol:

You'll find that there are several DC gurus around here but I think it's fair to say that Monsta-Tone is one of the masters!

I still think it's amazing what an underrated amp the DC-5 is. The cleans on this thing are just outstanding! You have to love the lead channel too. It is most definitely that classic Rectifier sound :)

Addhttp://img369.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dccartelcopyvf1.jpg [img]
I think this should do.
I also F"%$#% around 'till I got it!
;)

it was 3 of the longest weeks ive ever spent waiting for anything, but my DC-5 was well worth the wait :)

Try a DC-3 if you want it lighter.

Also, GTS builds head cabs. I don't know if he is building Widebody heads yet, but he is getting rave reviews. Maybe you could PM him and see.

I'm looking at the Mini-Watt 50 from Weber. This looks interesting b/c of the design. Anyone use an attenuator with their DC series amp?

Yep, as far as I can remember anyway. Definitely all of the dirty stuff. I know we hooked up a Peavey Supreme for some clean stuff, but I don't remember if we ended up keeping it.

Latest posts

Back