Speaker help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibbyage

Reaction score
I'm purchasing a Emperor cab with their stock speaker in it.

"our stock speaker is a v30 clone made for us by the good people at wgs. Tonally it is a v30 meets a g1275."

I don't have any experience with the g 1275 speakers. Any complaints? compliments?

Any thing will do.

i use wgs V30's in a 80's peavey cab and to me they sound better then my friends orange cab loaded with vintage 30's they are so much smoother and more rounded of a tone and can be so much less harsh but have more bottom end which can and cant be a good thing. They dont sound anything like the gt1275s in my opinion they are vintage 30's without the harsh mid tones that are thought of when it come to vintage 30's.

let us know how the emperor sounds and looks i am in love with their cabs but cant justify the cost with the style of music my band plays

212Mavguy said:
Just get enough hours on it to fully break in the speaker before coming to any hard conclusions...
Wish I could do that before purchasing.

MetalMike said:
i use wgs V30's in a 80's peavey cab and to me they sound better then my friends orange cab loaded with vintage 30's they are so much smoother and more rounded of a tone and can be so much less harsh but have more bottom end which can and cant be a good thing. They dont sound anything like the gt1275s in my opinion they are vintage 30's without the harsh mid tones that are thought of when it come to vintage 30's.

let us know how the emperor sounds and looks i am in love with their cabs but cant justify the cost with the style of music my band plays
Thanks for the heads up. These speakers are way less than the Celestion v30 so I'll probably just stick with the wgs. If I dont like them I can always put new speakers when money allows it.

Thanks for your input.

Latest posts

Back