So my birthday is coming...(decisions/debate)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingster911

Reaction score
And my dad sprung it on me, "What do you want for your birthday?!" Turning 22 and I couldn't think of anything, but then he said the G word and it was my idea of a big boy toy that I might need as a gift. It got me thinking about the SG Faded I've sort-of lusted after, but of course one little review I just read created a stigma: that it was "thing" sounding. I'll have to test it myself. BUT, I'm now also thinking about the Joan Jett Melody Maker because whichever guitar I got it'd be for punk stuff with my new little outfit I have playing that. Also, I'm looking for a lightweight guitar if I get one, M.M. just as light as SG?

I have had a SG faded for about 4 years - completely stock. It sounds pretty similar to my les paul, I wouldn't call it thin at all. Like any guitar there are good and bad ones, but mine is a really solid machine. I would give it a try and see what you think. I find the SG very comfortable to play. You can always swap out pickups if you want a different sound than the stock set up.

The only thing I personally need to consider when playin an SG, and I have a 30 year old one, is that the guitar is quite flexible, expecially is you get carried away in the moment... :wink: Not sure about new pups in it now, mine have been changed out a few times. Other than that, it is a great guitar. Hard to go wrong with a classic like that.

Latest posts

Back