Single Rectifier Solo series 2 - No sound!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antunififi

Reaction score
There's no sound coming on my Single Rectifier. Checked all the cables and plugs but its just a small hum coming out from the speaker.

Could this be a preamp tube problem?

Is this a new amp? Have you had it for a while working and now it doesn't work? Did you change anything recently?

deeman said:
Is this a new amp? Have you had it for a while working and now it doesn't work? Did you change anything recently?

bought it used. it was ok the last time i used it then when i turned it on, theres no sound coming in CH1 and very low sound from CH2.
I didnt do anything since the last time I used it.

antunififi said:
deeman said:

bought it used. it was ok the last time i used it then when i turned it on, theres no sound coming in CH1 and very low sound from CH2.
This most certainly sounds like a preamp tube issue. Swap a new tube in, one position at a time. I would suspect V3 or V1, but anything is possible. Avoid EH, Sovtek, Tung-Sol reissue, Mullard reissue & Mesa "Russian-1" (Sovtek) & "Russian-2" (EH) tubes in V3 & V4, they have been known to fail in those positions. JJ's, any Chinese, and the latest Mesa 12AX7 (JJ) are fine.

Dom

domct203 said:
antunififi said:
deeman said:

This most certainly sounds like a preamp tube issue. Swap a new tube in, one position at a time. I would suspect V3 or V1, but anything is possible. Avoid EH, Sovtek, Tung-Sol reissue, Mullard reissue & Mesa "Russian-1" (Sovtek) & "Russian-2" (EH) tubes in V3 & V4, they have been known to fail in those positions. JJ's, any Chinese, and the latest Mesa 12AX7 (JJ) are fine.

Dom

Mesa Russian 2 is currently installed right now.
Just ordered a Mesa 12AX7 from sweetwater, just waiting for it to arrive. Hope its just a preamp tube.

Will update you once I get the new tubes.

Thanks Dom!

Preamp tubes was the problem. Changed them all, everything sounds great now!

Thanks for the help everyone

Latest posts

Back