Should I trade my Mark III for a Deuce I?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frets70

Reaction score
Got a guy locally who may want to trade my Mark III Greenstripe for his Stiletto Deuce would I be crazy to do it?

The only reason I am considering is because the Mark has not satisfied my tone search.

Does have the hollywood mod

I have had a Deuce stage 1 for some time now. I have tried unsuccessfully to sell it for months as they are clearly not popular. So the other guy can't believe his luck that someone would take it in trade for a MarkIII.

Not really the response I expected but dialing it in isn't the problem as I have been playing boogies since 2001 (formula pre, studio pre, triaxis, 20/20, 290, Mark III, DC3)
so far the Studio Pre with a 290 was my favorite rig.

What i can tell you is I don't like the limitations of the shared controls, I have a feeling that I am heading toward a Mark IV, or V.

I love the Mark lead sound, but if you look here:

http://instrument.jaxed.com/cgi-bin...l=mark+III&state=&ps=&pe=&ys=&ye=&submit=+GO+

you'll see there are plenty of Mark III's to pick from if I miss it from trading,

I am using a Recto Cab (oversize) and have come to the conclusion I don't like it all that much and dearly miss my vintage Marshall 412 ('76 with G12H) that cab definitely sounded better with my Mark.

I will probably record these amps during testing and maybe post some clips.

Check out stevehubbardguitar on youtube best comparisons I have heard on the tube yet using--Trident, Mark V, Recto

If any of you have any audio clips I would love to hear them.

Trev57 said:
I have had a Deuce stage 1 for some time now. I have tried unsuccessfully to sell it for months as they are clearly not popular. So the other guy can't believe his luck that someone would take it in trade for a MarkIII.

I've been trying to sell a Recto 4x12 in perfect condition for a long time too, as well as some other gear. I've only gotten lowball offers on everything I've listed...so the only thing that's clear, is that very few people are buying at all right now.

I'm definitely gonna play through it---I should know within minutes if the deal would suit me. I played through a DSL 100 Marshall tonight and know for a fact I am no longer a Marshall guy.

I just wish there were more audio clips to hear. I also played my mark III through a 412 Marshall w/ Vintage 30's and I liked it better than the Recto 412 so who know maybe I need a new Cab.

That's funny , that must be him, never thought to look around here.

Anyway he is coming over tomorrow, so I will see how it sounds,

Hey Jeff, good to meet you, and just to let everyone know the trade went through. What a funny coincidence. I think we're both happy with our new toys, at least I know I'm looking forward to my gigs in the coming weeks with my new Mark III. Thanks again Jeff!

Yes likewise, thanks agian, now off to install some STR450's and find a preamp tube cocktail!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back