RKII Volume Scare

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingster911

Reaction score
I play my RKII combo with the gain on Ch 4 at about 1:00 and kick on an overdrive pedal (SPF Green Line) to give it the fullness I want. I recently took my amp in for a servicing (maybe around 6 months) and they retubed the whole thing for me. Chris at Mesa also gave me one 12AX7 for good measure, and I'm beginning to think I may need to put it in wherever the gain stage that affects Ch 4 is? I'm not a tube afficianado but let me get to the point: Ch 4. even with my OD pedal on and the Master on the channel at 1:00 and presence at the same, it seems the volume has taken a hit. I don't know if I've dulled my ears by playing too long with my GE-7 on to boost mids or if it being in Spongy mode has anything to do with it, but I've had it there awhile. My point: I can just sense that it's sorta lacking its chutzpah (ed.: BALLS). Any guesses? I'm using one pair of 6L6s on Ch 4 with those settings I mentioned and with two pairs of 6L6s on my Ch 2 Brit Mode with the gain set to 7:00 it seems that channel is louder than 4 when I switch to it.

Latest posts

Back