Reduce FIZZ from a Rectifier - any help? any mods?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe web

Reaction score
hi folks,

got a rect-o-verb series 2 the other day, nice looking amp with a very good clean sound for a recto amp, but i´m not that happy with the 2nd channel.
the 2nd channel has a lot of fizz in its sound, by far more as my old 3-channel dual recto had and way more as my roadster has.

is there any option or mod or anything i can do, to reduce this fizz from the top-end and get a more darker sound out of this channel?
it would be awesome to come close to the roadsters sound. doesn´t need to be as dark as my DC-5 (which sounds great btw.!), but it should be less as it is now.

so i´m glad if anybody can help me out with that.

I would say to take your time with the amp settings but you have already dealed with boogies enuff to understand that this is no plug and play amp (the manual is allways useful to read though). You might consider trying other tubes (pre and power), use an EQ or other pedals to help you. Different pickups might also help.

Best way to smooth the amp out is by experimenting with preamp and power tubes. In my 10 year experience with the Rectifiers, that was the best way to do it. I wasn't a fan of adding pedals and wanted the more organic approach.

I've heard some favorable reviews about Jerry at FJA MODS. He's also got some clips of work he has done on Rectifiers.

Turn it all the way up! Best sounding rectifiers are loud rectifiers.

joe web said:
hi folks,

got a rect-o-verb series 2 the other day, nice looking amp with a very good clean sound for a recto amp, but i´m not that happy with the 2nd channel.
the 2nd channel has a lot of fizz in its sound, by far more as my old 3-channel dual recto had and way more as my roadster has.

is there any option or mod or anything i can do, to reduce this fizz from the top-end and get a more darker sound out of this channel?
it would be awesome to come close to the roadsters sound. doesn´t need to be as dark as my DC-5 (which sounds great btw.!), but it should be less as it is now.

so i´m glad if anybody can help me out with that.

Latest posts

Back