Recto/Roadster Stereotype

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotts

Reaction score
I walked into GC the other day to play a Les Paul standard. I'm lefty so there's only 1 decent guitar on the wall and right below it was a roadster combo. I have a roadster head so I was happy that I'd be able to test out the guitar on familiar territory. Sure enough I plug it in and quickly notice that the every knob is dimed except the channel volume; especially the gain. Why is it that anyone assumes that it's a good setting? I guess everyone thinks that is all those amps are capable of doing.

Anyway, Les Paul sounded great through the roadster. I now have GAS for a Les Paul.

The guitar should have been drop tuned, and slightly out of tune as well. KFC grease liberally applied.

Sad thing is that I want to go to GC today and try the Mesa dirt pedals.

Poor planning on my part. :roll:

screamingdaisy said:
I'm surprised the mid knob was dimed too. :lol:

In the manual, Mesa recommends scooping the mids out for a smooth Channel 3 lead tone. I had my doubts but gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised to hear it sounds nothing like the "stereotypical" scooped mids tone.

Latest posts

Back