Racked my pedals - Mark V rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldschool

Reaction score
I´d been planing on racking my pedals for quite some time, and finally took the time to do so.

Signal flow is:
Line6 G90 Wireless
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Fulltone Micro Vibe (on pedalboard)

Kenton GS8 Loop switcher:
Loop1: Fulltone Catalyst & Fulldrive II
Loop2: TS-9 (Keeley Baked Mod)
Loop3: Fulltone OCD v1
Loop4: Keeley compressor
Loop5: MXR Phase 90 (script logo)
Loop6: Fulltone SupaTrem

Boogie Mark V (or a GreenStripe Mark III)
FX loop:
Boss Volume pedal
TC 1210
Boss Harmonist (in 1st loop of 2290)
TC2290

Here are some pics:

TC 2290 & TC 1210 in the Fxloop of my Mark V
DSCN4976.jpg

DSCN4981.jpg

Pedalshelf:
I decided to use some George L´s that I had lying around, I´m not the best at soldering, so I decided to give the solderless cables a try...
DSCN4989.jpg

Wiring:
DSCN4991.jpg

1st gig:
DSCN4994.jpg

So far I´m really liking this new setup, I have all the pedals in loops in front of the amp (except for the Harmonist, which is in the 1st loop of The 2290). Controlled by a Ground Control Pro.

My only concern is whether I should add some buffering, I actually have no idea if the Kenton GS8 has a buffer or the quality of it, but I do notice some high end loss when bypassing the wireless. The high end loss can be compensated for by using the ´cable tone´ function in the G90.

Very nice man! Clean wiring, and whats the deal on the GS8? is it good, and is the price good?

Oldschool said:
My only concern is whether I should add some buffering, I actually have no idea if the Kenton GS8 has a buffer or the quality of it, but I do notice some high end loss when bypassing the wireless. The high end loss can be compensated for by using the ´cable tone´ function in the G90.

If you're playing wireless the wireless unit is the buffer.

screamingdaisy said:
If you're playing wireless the wireless unit is the buffer.

That´s what I´ve noticed.

I´ve added a MXR/CAE Line Driver to my pedalboard to use as a buffer when I´m not using the wireless.

And I thought running a noise gate in my fx loop was overkill. Can you even make out what kind of amp you're playing after all that stuff?

ryjan said:
And I thought running a noise gate in my fx loop was overkill. Can you even make out what kind of amp you're playing after all that stuff?

The signal isn't passing through all of the effects, so yes, you get a very pure signal. If the switcher/looper has a good buffer and is a quality unit, then the result is close to a "straight in" sound. The pedals are in loops and are at the ready to be switched in or out. When they are out, the signal does not travel through them. So, signal goes from guitar to switcher to amp. (in his case, the wireless unit is in there too)

When they are in the signal, it's the same as any other pedalboard setup going into an amp, only here he has a buffer so there will be less signal loss than just going through 4 or 5 pedals and into the amp.

Very nice rig! All clean and organized.
You can use another buffer if you think it helps.
Here's a nice article about buffering:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/archive/index.php/t-981421.html

What make/model is the rack shelf for the pedals? I'm having a hard time finding a good one. I need one like that so the pedals sit as low as possible in the rack space. The one I have is a piece of laminated wood, and the pedals sit way too high and touch the unit above.

Latest posts

Back