question about triple rec solo head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

critical

Reaction score
I ahve this amp a few months now. It hasnt got much use as I have been waiting to get my band sorted. to cut a long story short anyway,

when i use the effects loop on the amp, the volume with the loop turned on is much lower than the volume with it switched off, has anyone else had this prob with the amp or is it something im doing wrong???

also i am getting a pop when i switch channels with it, i have a feeling it could be because one of the rubber feet is missing from the pedal but again im not sure...

any help is greatly appreciated..

Alan

You have to fool with your master volume knobs and your effects loop levels to get it to work right. I finally said screw it and had my DR modded to a serial loop. I am happy with it now.
The popping is just something that these amps do. I called Mesa and asked them about it and they said there is nothing you can do about it. One thing I do to reduce it is as soon as I power the amp up, I switch to all the channels and them back to where ever I want to start. It seems to only do it the first time I switch channels.

My amp does the same thing, but only going from Channel 3 down to 2 or 1, loud pop, but going back up , no pop. Also I gave up on the effects loop. When it was on, evertime my pedal or rack effects came on, it increased the volume big time. So I said the heck with it, bypassed the loop and run everything thru the front.

Latest posts

Back