Quad preamp through a mesa heartbreaker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimaera1982

Reaction score
Greetings, this is my first post so please be gentle on me. I have a question if it sounds too simple my apologies, am still new to this rack system.
I have a mesa heartbreaker which i love, I am on the verge of getting a mesa quad on the cheap to use for recording purposes, also I plan to run the mesa quad through the heartbreaker power amp section. I plan to bypass the heartbreaker preamp section, however there is no preamp bypass on the heartbreaker. However it does have a series fx loop. I plan to 'bypass' the heartbreaker preamp by inserting the mesa quad through the effect loop return jack and not connecting the fx loop send jack of the heartbreaker. Is this feasible, if my knowledge serves me correctly it should be fine for both the quad preamp and the heartbreaker.
I also plan to custom make a switching system like an A/B switch which i will place out from the fx send loop of the heart breaker, this will allow me to select either the heartbreaker preamp or the quad preamp. Is this also feasible?

Thanks
hope to get your help on this

Regards
Ian

I'm interested as how to do something similar, only difference is that I plan to use my Boogie Simul-Satellite as the power section.

i used to do this with my pod & laney amp days with just my Boss line selector.But it was complex with lots of cables involved :shock:

Latest posts

Back