Power Tube Broken Leaving PLastic Centre in the Socket

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleeced

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Had a gig last night and one of my pre amp tubes went down (which I found just before we started to play ....)

In my hurry to change it crouched at the back of the stage between the wall and my amp in relative darkness, when removing one of the power tubes the little piece of plastic in the centre of the pins broke and is stuck in the socket.

The tube actually still works ... we got through the gig ... but I obviously need to replace it.

Has anyone got any experience in the easiest/best way to get the little piece of plastic out of the socket? !!!

Any help appreciated

You will probably have to open the chassis up and push it out from the inside.Dont throw the tube out,you can get a new pin guide that slips over the pins from tubesandmore.com Not advisable to put the tube in without the guide,if you dont have the pins lined up properly you could cause problems.

Hi - actually the plastic bit came out easily with a sharp tiny electrical screwdriver .... it was one of those jobs I was dreading .. but turned out to be really easy

the problem is it wasn't a pre-amp tube ... Ive lost all volume !
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=33455

Latest posts

Back