Post Your Rig! Must Include a Mark V.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been playing the MKV as my A-rig for the summer. Really enjoying the change from the Roadster.

Dom

6B985FB8-EC69-4C76-B153-7106F9E3E611_zpswmu04j20.jpg

MKV%203.jpg

MKV%202.jpg

Today I got my Mark V that was converted from a combo to head+widebody closed back cabinet by a local cabinet builder.

The finish is Vanilla Taurus Vinyl, exactly the same sold by Mesa, and also brown piping, tan jute grille and brown leather handle. The only thing I didn't found was the leather corners, but the chrome metal corner also look very nice. I have ordered an original mesa engineering logo for the cabinet, but it didn't arrived yet.

As for the sound, the difference from the combo to the closed back cabinet is insane! Not only the tubes are now vibration isolated from the speaker cabinet (including anti-vibration rubber feet on the head), the closed back cabinet gives a much more defined, open sound, tighter low end.

And I'm still using the C90 that came with the combo. I have a brand new V30 waiting to replace the C90. I will play for a few more days before changing the speakers to make a better comparison.

Hi all!

First post but enthusiastic reader for years.

Stage rig, home for a new loop board and some other things done.

The V, IMHO, is a really monumental engineering and tone achievement all
things considered; it does everything for any gig.

When you live in the Wine Country of Sonoma County, CA (Petaluma to be exact), things gotta be wine colored or people get confused.
New%20Mesas_zpstuqpacjc.jpg

Wayno said:

I really like the look of the V combo on the 2x12 vertical. How much room do you have on top of the Vertical cap in relation to the footprint of the Combo?
This image has sparked my interest and I may consider something similar in the future.

primal said:
CudBucket said:
Finally got my matching cab for the Mark V:25. Pretty stoked.

006.JPG

Wow

That is purty

Love the look!.

I have a matching 412 for my RA100. I really love the salt and pepper grill cloth much better than the standard back. It hides the grill support and speakers much better than the standard (especially with taking pictures with a flash). The appearance of the grill cloth puts the amp in a value class where it belongs. I have been considering a change to the same with my other cabs. Also the white color in the fabric is more of a crème color which matches the logo and print on the Roadster. Also have been considering a change on the grill of my Mark V combo. I find the S&P more appealing.

Back