Post your Marks!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my loaded early black-dot Mark III Combo, with the big 105 iron. Serial # 155XX. I guess it may have been built in 1985? Matching period-correct Thiele cabinet on the way. My cat Sam loves this amp. : )

MarkIII3.jpg

MarkIII2.jpg

LesPaul666 said:
Here's my loaded early black-dot Mark III Combo, with the big 105 iron. Serial # 155XX. I guess it may have been built in 1985? Matching period-correct Thiele cabinet on the way. My cat Sam loves this amp. : )

MarkIII3.jpg

MarkIII2.jpg

That is a sweet amp. It looks like yours has a IIC faceplate that was stamped with the extra lettering over the Mid knob. Add in the fact that it has the 105 trans and that thing must be in IIC+ territory. Enjoy!

boogie_new1.jpg

Signal gets split to both preamps, then the outputs of both go out to an A/B box on the floor, which goes back into the Mark III's effects return. Instant access to either one. Instead of that green Lopo 2x12 I'm using a vertical Recto 2x12 now.

Racerboy44 said:
LesPaul666 said:

MarkIII3.jpg

MarkIII2.jpg

That is a sweet amp. It looks like yours has a IIC faceplate that was stamped with the extra lettering over the Mid knob. Add in the fact that it has the 105 trans and that thing must be in IIC+ territory. Enjoy!

Thank you so much, Racerboy. :mrgreen:

I've never owned a Mark IIC+ personally, but I will say that this amp sounds different than any other Mesa that I've ever had. Compared to the Mark IV-A I used to own, the Lead channel is very open and Marshall-y sounding, and not smoothed over. This is one of the loudest amps I've ever owned (not that it really makes any difference in that regard).

I wish I had the luck of trying one 20+ years ago, but never came across one. This thing should also have the Guiness Book record for most gain in a tube amplifier. :shock:

Green_1462.jpg

Mark III Green w/ Simul/EQ/Reverb (born 8/90 - #2694*)
4x12 Cab w/ 2 EV12L's (bottom) and 2 Celestion 90's (top)

Red_1464.jpg

Mark III Red w/ Simul/EQ/Reverb & EV12L Speaker (born 9/87 - #2094*)
Thiele Cabinet w/ EV12L Speaker

IIC_1463-1.jpg

Mark IIC+ w/ Simul/EQ/Reverb & EV12L Speaker (born 6/84 - #1285*)

PRS-Ian said:
FiveBoogies.jpg

A few have gone but more have joined the fold :D
Ian

I'm curious to know what tonal differences are in the lead channels between your 60 watt IIC+ and the simulclass IIC+?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back