Oversized or Standard 4x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WretchedESP88

Reaction score
Okay, im using a Triple Rec 3 Ch. and i wanna know what cabinet i should get based on others experience. I am looking at the oversized or standard 4x12 rectifier cabs. I play alot of Lamb of God and Devildriver style of metal. I just wanna know what cabinet will compliment my style and my amp the best. If anyone could help, please post any input you have cause i have to decide quick.

You do not want the oversized one. I promise you. Cool enough to play with, but seriously impossible to record. Palm mute the low A, and you're blowing away with bass. Get's a bit loose in overall too

Oversized and Standard are the same thing...For Lamb of God type music, you need the Traditional, aka Stilleto cab. Standard earned its name because it was the "standard" cabinet to be matched with a rectifier. Traditional earned its name because its in line with Marshall specs (more or less.)[/list]

Elpelotero said:
Oversized and Standard are the same thing...For Lamb of God type music, you need the Traditional, aka Stilleto cab. Standard earned its name because it was the "standard" cabinet to be matched with a rectifier. Traditional earned its name because its in line with Marshall specs (more or less.)[/list]

a Stiletto cab would prolly sound better than a Marshall because of better build quality, correct?

i'm going through a similar ordeal of what cab to upgrade to, stiletto or recto for my rectoverb, i'm powering a 1960a at the moment and not overly happy with it, it's never sounded great with any head. i'd like to get a stiletto head as well too eventually...

the way i look at it, mesa amps are designed around mesa cabs, and vice versa. Randall Smith is not testing his amps with a Marshall cab....so why should you?

For what it's worth, yes, Mesa has better build quality.

Elpelotero said:
the way i look at it, mesa amps are designed around mesa cabs, and vice versa. Randall Smith is not testing his amps with a Marshall cab....so why should you?

For what it's worth, yes, Mesa has better build quality.

excellent comment, but it's called being a musician on a budget. a used Marshall cabinet was all i could afford 10 years ago when i bought it and has always been on the list to eventually upgrade.

i use a Oversized(rectifier cab) cab with a Road kIng cab because i felt those do might match well with the Road kIng head. By the way you have to check out the custom cabs and heads i love them

Latest posts

Back