output and solo control...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb's 52

Reaction score
Is it me or does the jump in volume when using the solo feature seem to shrink as the master volume continues to grow?

This happened last night and my numbers may be off but my output was around 2:30 and solo near 4:30. When hitting the solo button, I could barely hear the difference. But, when the output is around 9-10:00 and the solo around the same there's a pretty big jump.

Does the solo volume and output volume eventually "meet," in a sense, so that there's no audible difference,
or will the solo volume always be a certain percentage above the output volume?

Thanks!!

Hmmm. It sounds like you playing pretty loud. Hadn't really thought about it til now, but I imagine if your output is up high enough to eat up your amp's headroom, the solo feature won't be much of an increase. Although, you could probably turn the knobs more, I doubt there was much more your amp could do.

Just my logic.

If your amp is already at maximum volume there's nothing the solo feature can do to increase it any further.

As you come down from max volume it opens up more headroom, so the ability to boost increases.

Yep, thanks all!

This makes sense.
That night I played the amp in 45W. In retrospect, I think 90W would have been the ticket. I'm guessing at 90W the output to solo "jump" will be more pronounced because I wouldn't have to open it up as much in the first place. Plus, 90W has more headroom to begin with.

Heh...just so many options on this **** thing I just forget to use them!!!

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back