Nomad short head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erotomaniac1928

Reaction score
Anyone know how many of these were produced? I was under the impression Nomads only came as long heads until I saw a short head version on craigslist. Already an appealing amp, even more so as a short head.

I have a short head Nomad Forty-Five. I'm pretty sure it's the short version at 18.75". I think this one is part of a fairly limited run in that format. At least the guy that sold it to me said so. No matter. I like the amp ok but it's out of commish right now. It just quit. No blown fuse or anything obvious. I have no idea whats wrong with it but I haven't been through a tube check yet either. I have no idea on the production quantity. The head sits atop an old Hiwatt 2x12 cab there on the right side of the photo:

IMG_0582_2.jpg

Wow. A short head Nomad would be really cool! I love the short head sized Mesa heads. So portable and they look so cool!

I say jump on it if you are the least bit interested and it's a good price and in good condition.

I saw one recently at a guitar shop by me. i guess they do exist!

Whats the appeal of a short head? easier to carry? or does Randall Smith just like seeing how much stuff he can cram into a little amp?

lerxst88 said:
I saw one recently at a guitar shop by me. i guess they do exist!

Whats the appeal of a short head? easier to carry? or does Randall Smith just like seeing how much stuff he can cram into a little amp?

Easier to carry/transport and they can sit on top of smaller cabs is why I like them. They certainly look really cool! Mine fits in the passenger floor board of my car. 8)

Latest posts

Back