New Mark V owner ((maybe?))

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaManBoogie

Reaction score
OK guys here's the deal
I got a mark IV head with a 4X12 rec cab and a Blackstar HT5 combo. all three for mark V combo.
Now will it be a fair to trade for a Mark V combo or is it too much from my side to give?
I bought the Head used and paid $1450 9 months ago, the cab I bought new 6 months ago and the combo it's new.
What do you think?

i'll go buy a combo tomorrow and trade you for all of that.

you near jersey? ;)

yeah dude, 950 for a cab is half the cost of the mark 5 combo... the used mark 4 you can probably get your moeny back on, if not 1000+ which is the whole price of the combo.. so throwin in that other piece seems like alot more to give then you are getting.

crazy you guys still cant find these things..i can go buy them at will...

no matter which way you slice and dice that stuff you're offering you
are gonna come up short...go buy one on ebay and sell the other things you
got to fund it...hell look here..plenty of guys selling those things off every week...

Wow, do NOT do that deal.

I absolutely love the V but you are definitely getting the REALLY short end of the stick there.

Yep don't do it. You are better off selling everything first if you want to try the V.

I went back to a Mark IV and am not looking back to the V at all

PeeMonkey said:
Yep don't do it. You are better off selling everything first if you want to try the V.

I went back to a Mark IV and am not looking back to the V at all

Can I ask why did you go back ?

It's subjective, I'm a former IV owner and I don't even think about it anymore. I agree though, all that stuff is worth way more on their own. You could a V and have some money left over.

MesaManBoogie said:
OK guys here's the deal
I got a mark IV head with a 4X12 rec cab and a Blackstar HT5 combo. all three for mark V combo.
Now will it be a fair to trade for a Mark V combo or is it too much from my side to give?
I bought the Head used and paid $1450 9 months ago, the cab I bought new 6 months ago and the combo it's new.
What do you think?

I think you're going to want the 4x12 rec cab with the Mark V. Otherwise you'll be missing alot of what the Mark V has to offer. 1x12 just doesn't cut it.

Scary said:
MesaManBoogie said:
OK guys here's the deal
What do you think?

I think you're going to want the 4x12 rec cab with the Mark V. Otherwise you'll be missing alot of what the Mark V has to offer. 1x12 just doesn't cut it.
How about a 2X12?
I was going for the combo because it's more practical to use and take anywhere, but yeah I know what you are saying.

MesaManBoogie said:
Scary said:
MesaManBoogie said:
OK guys here's the deal
What do you think?

How about a 2X12?
I was going for the combo because it's more practical to use and take anywhere, but yeah I know what you are saying.

I use an old 2 x 12 I got with my Mark IV 15 years ago. It's wired for 4ohms and it's got 2 different speakers in it, one that's a little darker and bassier in the bottom and a bright one in the top. It's got a removable panel in the top if I want that open back. It sounds great, and is very inspiring. I gotta open it up someday and see exactly what speakers are inside. It sounds much, much better than my recitifier 2x12... no comparison. I probably would not enjoy the Mark V half as much if I only had that rec cab. My experience with tube amps tells me that a 4 x 12 is the best way to go however I don't own one right now.

JOEY B. said:
Scary said:
My experience with tube amps tells me that a 4 x 12 is the best way to go however I don't own one right now.

I've got a pair of 1x12's that will hold their own beside some of the most common 4x12 cabs, any day of the week. :evil:
no doubt...behold the Thiele!! :shock: incredible little boxes, aren't they?? 8)

JOEY B. said:
Scary said:
My experience with tube amps tells me that a 4 x 12 is the best way to go however I don't own one right now.

I've got a pair of 1x12's that will hold their own beside some of the most common 4x12 cabs, any day of the week. :evil:

I'm playing with a 2x12 now that I can use with one speaker or both. Playing with both sounds way better to me. No offense to your pair of cabs, i'm sure they're rockin! :)

Latest posts

Back