New Lonestar Special - Having issues, please advise!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nadia.chapko

Reaction score
Hey all.

I just made this account to ask your opinion on an issue that I am having with my new Lonestar Special combo. I just took it out of the box and it's brand new; never been on the show floor before.

I plugged it in directly to the wall and flicked the power switch; the red light came on. After waiting a few minutes to let the tubes warm up, I flicked the standby switch. I heard a strange noise and the red light went off. Now it is refusing to turn on. I tried connecting it to a new outlet, still nothing.

Could it be a power surge? If so, what can I do to fix it? I have a good tech but I'd rather not take it to him.

Thanks!

Sounds like the fuse has blown. Try swapping the fuse. If it does it again, then something is causing the fuse to blow. I'm in two minds as to recommending whether you should just return it...

I will try that. Can I get one from Guitar Center? How much do they cost?

This is actually the second one, the other one got sent back halfway to my door because it broke in transit! It's a brilliant amp but kind of finicky...

I'm in the UK so I can't say as to whether GC carry them or not - over here they are relatively inexpensive. You just twist the fuse holder til it pops out...

Fuses can be gotten at any electronics or hardware store. Just note the specs next to the fuse holder -- probably "4A SLO BLO". They're standardized and easy to get. Get a pack of 5 and keep them around as a backup. Get it out by unscrewing the cap and pulling it out. It'll be kinda blackened if it's blown; the glass should be clear and have an intact strip of metal inside.

GC will charge an arm and a leg, if they have them.

fox5150 said:
Sounds like the fuse has blown. Try swapping the fuse. If it does it again, then something is causing the fuse to blow. I'm in two minds as to recommending whether you should just return it...
Fuses definitely blow for a reason. If you can run any electrical device from that wall socket, then the amp is defective. Return it.

I also have problem with the fuse 1A it blows too much so i put a 2A fuse and the problem is solved, i have asked to my local technician and he told me that lot of things can blow the fuse, diferencies at current flow at your plug, a bad tube and also a transformer problem + more, anyway 2A is not too much more resistance than 1A against a short, pherhaps i´m wrong but i havn´t problems, your amp is new so call to MESA is the better advice
good luck

Latest posts

Back