My Rack Weight

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

18&Life

Reaction score
For the first time I did the math to see how much I am dealing with.

I cannot believe on the results !!!

Guys show us the weight of your stuff.

RACKWEIGHT.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Thats some excellent gear you have there. The only thing missing is a BACK BRACE!! :wink: All kidding aside , I know what you mean about heavy. To help myself out in that department I opted to replace my MONSTER 2:95 power amp for the 2:90. That will help a little bit. :? Take care

I had 2.95 about 8 years ago ,it was a monster,large,I called it MY MONSTER TON :lol:
2.90 sounds a lot better and is more easy to carry. :wink:
As KANSAS said = CARRY ON MY RACKYARD SON :lol: :lol:

I think my Marshall 9005 weighed as much as your entire rack.

It's not a context to see who has the heavier stuff :lol:
BTW the winner will be a looser :lol: :lol: :lol:

The 9005 was their first stereo tube rack power amp.

You're right though, I am not about lugging heavy crap around. At the time I wanted a good tube power amp. It was certainly that at the time.

I found 9005 manual but it doesn't show its weight but I guess it isn't heavier tham 2.90 or 2.95 wich is a monster ton :wink:

The 9005 had huge trannies and the amp itself was 4 rack spaces.

Yeah it was big and heavy. I would say that it felt like carrying 2 full service heads at once.

With a little bit of searching, I think you'd be able to find a rack drawer made from aluminium that's less than half the weight of a steel one. What about the plastic one from SKB ? It already has the velcro on it.

You'll want to get the weight down anywhere you can. No matter how minute it may seem, in the end, all those minute savings add up to a reduction of several kilos.

And unless you find a way to bolt that SKB rack and your pedals to your cab, you're not going to lift 104,65 all at once. :wink:

Yeah, it really sucks when you have to move your rack and the thing requires two people to get it moving, maneuver, and load/unload.

That's why I gave up my rack set up after 15 years. I just didn't want to lug it around anymore.

Now I run a MkIV widebody 1x12 and a Fab chorus in the loop.

I don't miss the rack effects much, once in a while I'd like a little ambient delay but I can always get a pedal for that.

Scott

Yes you can but each song have its own beat,or you bend over on every song and change time of delay or delay will be always on the wrong timing.
Rack stuff only for big or special events :wink:

18&Life said:
Yes you can but each song have its own beat,or you bend over on every song and change time of delay or delay will be always on the wrong timing.
Most delay pedals these days come with tap tempo. ;)

Latest posts

Back