My new 1983 Les Paul Custom

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, that '83 LP custom is KILLER!!!! I've got a 1994 Standard, but I REALLY want an '83 LP (since i was born in 83!! Haha!) nice score! How do you like that kahler?

Now dat's wat im talkin about JOEY B.!!!!!!!

Dat dere ax haz don-o-heap-o-entertainin in her life!

But dat aint vintage noooo no.

I love the 83 with the op also.

topcat0399 said:
Now dat's wat im talkin about JOEY B.!!!!!!!

Dat dere ax haz don-o-heap-o-entertainin in her life!

But dat aint vintage noooo no.

I love the 83 with the op also.

Cmon man, a guitar doesn't have to be 70 years old to be considered vintage. Besides, Norlins will be worth soooo much in the coming years.

ghost22105 said:
Dude, that '83 LP custom is KILLER!!!! I've got a 1994 Standard, but I REALLY want an '83 LP (since i was born in 83!! Haha!) nice score! How do you like that kahler?

Thanks a lot man! Haha, yea, that would be sweet if you got an '83. Mine was made on the 206th day of '83, check if that's your b-day :p. The Kahler is great man, It doesn't hold tune as well as a Floyd (obviously), but it can handle divebombs and all that crazy stuff very well, just not as well as a Floyd. I like it better than a Floyd though because it doesn't detract from the guitar's looks (Floyds catch the eye to easily imo) and they don't need to route a dam hole through the guitar to install one. I took it out to lube it and they only routed like 2 cubic inches of wood from the guitar.

In the old days, Fenders were considered vintage if they were pre-CBS and not vintage if they were CBS; Gibsons were vintage if they were pre-Norlin and not vintage if they were Norlin.

Now, Fenders are considered vintage if they're pre-FMIC, ie both pre-CBS and CBS! Which is kind of ironic considering that the CBS era is what caused the whole vintage thing in the first place, but whatever...

So, Gibsons should be looked at in the same way now. Vintage is anything pre-Henry. As with Fender, it's not the exact date of ownership change that matters, it's the guitar - so an early-'65 Fender with all-pre-CBS features is still considered pre-CBS, and an early 80s Gibson with no weight-relief or other modern features should be considered pre-Henry and hence vintage too.

94Tremoverb said:
In the old days, Fenders were considered vintage if they were pre-CBS and not vintage if they were CBS; Gibsons were vintage if they were pre-Norlin and not vintage if they were Norlin.

Now, Fenders are considered vintage if they're pre-FMIC, ie both pre-CBS and CBS! Which is kind of ironic considering that the CBS era is what caused the whole vintage thing in the first place, but whatever...

So, Gibsons should be looked at in the same way now. Vintage is anything pre-Henry. As with Fender, it's not the exact date of ownership change that matters, it's the guitar - so an early-'65 Fender with all-pre-CBS features is still considered pre-CBS, and an early 80s Gibson with no weight-relief or other modern features should be considered pre-Henry and hence vintage too.

It's just those dam corksniffers trying to **** on everyones parade route. Norlin era gibsons are steadily climbing in value though, especially non weight relieved and non modified ones. I cant wait to see what my LP will be worth in 15 years.

I love my Les Paul!!!

IMG_0952.jpg

Back