Midi connection

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Holdegraver

Reaction score
Hello all,

So I have a question regarding the 5 pin din for midi. My pedalboard has a switcher with midi that goes to a Timeline, Big Sky then to a modded POG2 then to the amp and the amp being the last in line. I'm hooking up a usb hub to be able to modify presets on the switcher and also the Strymons. The Strymons don't have usb connectors but use the midi in and out which means I need a midi hub. I cannot find a midi hub that's not usb powered that has more than one midi i/o but Strymon makes on with 4 ¼" Trs jack's. So the Strymons will use the din connectors and I'd like to use one of the ¼" to then send to the POG2 then standard 5 pin to the amp. Does anyone know if that'll work? Sorry for the long post. Thank you very much in advance!

Why do you need a midi hub? Can't you just use different midi channels for each device, then daisy chain? That would be much easier I would think. Unless your switcher can't isolate and control just one/more midi channels with midi chain outputs. what kind of switcher? Even if not, you could still have 128 presets with a different selection for each item in the chain, and just stomp your pog2 on/off. I couldn't find any pedalboards with usb, I'm curious which one ya got? Do you have an actual midi pedal board, or are you changing presets/control commands with a computer?

Why do you need a midi hub? Can't you just use different midi channels for each device, then daisy chain? That would be much easier I would think. Unless your switcher can't isolate and control just one/more midi channels with midi chain outputs. what kind of switcher? Even if not, you could still have 128 presets with a different selection for each item in the chain, and just stomp your pog2 on/off. I couldn't find any pedalboards with usb, I'm curious which one ya got? Do you have an actual midi pedal board, or are you changing presets/control commands with a computer?
UHG thanks for responding. After re-reading my post I see I missed the point of I'd be modifying presets via my computer. The Strymons connect to a computer with a dual 5 pin i/o to usb cable. There are various manufacturers, I have the Roland brand. After further research I don't have the necessary real-estate to do it anyway. My switcher is the Musicomlab MK-VI which has a USB in for making adjustments to all parameters within the swithcher.

Back