Mesa boogie head track : Unobtainable product

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slash_83

Reaction score
Ciao Hello, it's been a while' that I try to find this pedal but here in europe seems impossible to find.
Does anyone know if it will be produced again or does anyone know of similar alternative products?

Just about every pedal or similar product made by Mesa fall into the unobtanium category. It is not just a Europe issue but also in the USA too. I have been waiting to get another Mesa Switch track but not in production at this current time. I assume production of the accessory products will resume sometime but uncertain as to when. Not sure what other products would be similar to the head track.

This may do the job but does not appear to swap the FX loop. It only switches between two tube amps and a single speaker cabinet. Something that disconnects the load from one amp and reconnects to another is like playing double jeopardy. If not done properly you can result in damage to both amps.

https://www.radialeng.com/product/headbone-vt

Just about every pedal or similar product made by Mesa fall into the unobtanium category. It is not just a Europe issue but also in the USA too. I have been waiting to get another Mesa Switch track but not in production at this current time. I assume production of the accessory products will resume sometime but uncertain as to when. Not sure what other products would be similar to the head track.

This may do the job but does not appear to swap the FX loop. It only switches between two tube amps and a single speaker cabinet. Something that disconnects the load from one amp and reconnects to another is like playing double jeopardy. If not done properly you can result in damage to both amps.

https://www.radialeng.com/product/headbone-vt
😂😂😂😂 I went to look up the term *unobtanium*.. It is a beautiful expression that perfectly makes the idea

Yes, I know the risks of the product.. It will be an ultra-fast high-cost mechanical switch
For a 25/50w resistor
Of course the thought is what you risk if the Switch freezes.. it's not nice

😂😂😂😂 I went to look up the term *unobtanium*.. It is a beautiful expression that perfectly makes the idea

Yes, I know the risks of the product.. It will be an ultra-fast high-cost mechanical switch
For a 25/50w resistor
Of course the thought is what you risk if the Switch freezes.. it's not nice

I thought there was another brand out there that did a similar thing. I must be thinking of the many different competitors to the Mesa Switch track. That device I have interest in.

If you go to Mesa's website, the Head-track, Switch-track and Midi-matrix are no longer shown as options to buy. I assume they disabled the content since it is not in production at this time. Wonder if it will resume at any point in time or will they end up as discontinued product. From what I understand there is a huge backlog of orders. Some of it was related to COVID-19 pandemic, and some of it is related to the Russian/Ukraine war (mostly tube related).

Back