Mark V what to do?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tofisi said:
Yes sometimes I feel like that. Power tubes worn out? But I was replace last week a new fresh power and preamp tubes.
It is possible that my amp eats tubes? It has work 4 days after replacing tube very good and than again variation on sound.

1) What kind of power tubes did you put in it?

2) Is the switch on the back in 6L6 mode? Or EL34 mode?

screamingdaisy said:
tofisi said:
Yes sometimes I feel like that. Power tubes worn out? But I was replace last week a new fresh power and preamp tubes.
It is possible that my amp eats tubes? It has work 4 days after replacing tube very good and than again variation on sound.

1) What kind of power tubes did you put in it?

2) Is the switch on the back in 6L6 mode? Or EL34 mode?

I was changed all new mesa Tubes

v1= spax, v2...v7=12ax7
2xpair of str 440 green code
1x5u4gb

The switch is set correct to 6l6.

the bright switch is good if your playing at bedroom volume, but once u start getting into the more jamming volumes then thats where the hiss and annoying screeching comes into play. I always had my amp on bright tryign to fiddle with settings at higher volume, changed it to normal and the amp just came alive and it also was much much muhc easier on the ears. Also the muddyness could be commin from the recto 2x12 if its not broken in. If its new place the speakers facedown click to ur clean channel and boost your volume, bass and highs not too much but boost them and just play some nice fat chords for a good half hour just give'r. After that put ur settings back and then see if that helps at all with the muddyness. V30s can be muddy when new and very thin sounding.

Can you try your amp through a different cab and see if it improves the sound? A 2x12 Recto cab (especially one that is relatively new) can be muddy, as someone else suggested.

pathos45 said:
the bright switch is good if your playing at bedroom volume, but once u start getting into the more jamming volumes then thats where the hiss and annoying screeching comes into play. I always had my amp on bright tryign to fiddle with settings at higher volume, changed it to normal and the amp just came alive and it also was much much muhc easier on the ears. Also the muddyness could be commin from the recto 2x12 if its not broken in. If its new place the speakers facedown click to ur clean channel and boost your volume, bass and highs not too much but boost them and just play some nice fat chords for a good half hour just give'r. After that put ur settings back and then see if that helps at all with the muddyness. V30s can be muddy when new and very thin sounding.

I´m using amp only at home. My recto cab is 2 years old.

eudaimonia02912 said:
Can you try your amp through a different cab and see if it improves the sound? A 2x12 Recto cab (especially one that is relatively new) can be muddy, as someone else suggested.

I was tested by another recto 2x12 cab and my cab in period of two weeks. The only difference was that the other cab had more middles.

you need an ups, that happened to me once..not in my home were I have a cheap one

rika_gd said:
you need an ups, that happened to me once..not in my home were I have a cheap one

Some recommendation for UPS, which to buy?

hmm..I´m not very well informed about ups, but you can have an idea about this: Mine is old and cheap and works fine, so probably any new ups will serve you well, if not buy a furman but thats a lot of money

Latest posts

Back