Mark III replacement fan doesn't fit!!! Help!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctadre

Reaction score
Hey all,

So in trying to sell my Mark III, I realized that the fan is missing. Previous owner must have removed at some point. I did some research and bought a replacement fan, the same one as for the Mark IV.

I just got all of the parts, installed, and now I cannot fit two of the power tubes. The fan is in the way, just a bit.

Anyone ever run into this? It seemed like the fan was the right one and everything. Worked great, just doenst fit when installed.

My Mark III is in a Mark IV old style headshell (metal corners), FYI.

If it is the wrong fan, does anyone know the correct fan for it? Any other things I can do to remedy this?

Thanks,

Dre

The factory stock fan is the Howard model 3-15-2470.
It measures 4 11/16" square and 1 1/2" deep.
Hope this helps.

In what way does it not fit? Not enough clearance between the fan and the power tubes? If so, re-mount the fan leaving at least 1/4" underneath the bottom of the amp and fan. If this doesn't work, consider mounting the fan closer to the center of the chassis but rotate it 90 degrees so it blows air from the side. It will still move heat, just in a different flow pattern.

I actually turned the reverb tank 180 degrees to reduce hum so I placed my fan here and it works great! But if you don't have reverb or any hum then you could do something similar on the other side or just lower it like the others have said!

ampback.jpg

One of the "L" brackets (the one you don't see - of course) is screwed to the back lower wooden plank. The way I have it makes it much easier to remove the fan for access.

Dennis

Latest posts

Back