Looking to go Wireless....maybe...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldTelecasterMan

Reaction score
Suggestions for a wireless system please.... or should I just keep my cable. I would really like to rid myself of the wire but is it possible without killing tone?

The new Sennheiser D1 is where it's at! Bought the Line 6 G90 and took it back the next day after experiencing drop outs which I suspect were related to WiFi interference. Bought the Sennheiser and it's probably the greatest tone enhancing item I have purchased since buying a Mesa Boogie. Seriously it's that good. Only down side is spending the extra $40 for the rack mount kit. Other than that it's near perfection incredibly simple to use, longer batter life than G90, built in five band EQ and adjust transmission strength depending on what's required and will switch channels without you knowing if it picks up wifi interference. Anyway check it out.

I have the Line 6 G50. Somebody recommended it to me over other options. I have had mine for several years. No issues. My only complaint would be that they eat batteries, but I always put new ones in before gigs.

knotts said:
I have the Line 6 G50. Somebody recommended it to me over other options. I have had mine for several years. No issues. My only complaint would be that they eat batteries, but I always put new ones in before gigs.

I have a G50 and love it with no perceivable coloration to the tone.

I use Energizer rechargables and they last for a 5 hour gig (with breaks) with plenty to last afterwards.
However, I always give them a full charge before we start. (Within an hour before we go on.)

+1 on the Line6 G50 with my MarkV. I found that the adjustable cable /load simulator on the G50 was a great way to match the tone of a cable with the wireless. I've never ad a dropout problem and love the freedom!

+1 on G50.

For my needs, I wasn't willing to spend a whole lot, so I also looked into G30, but a lot of people complained about the build quality of the belt pack transmitter, so I decided to get G50. however, I got one used for $200 off of CL, and I have been really happy with it. One thing, the position of the belt pack on my body/belt made it so I hit the mute button somehow by accident. I thought I was getting dropouts, but once I realized it was the mute button, I simply put it in "locked" mode while I play, and it works fine.

When I am on big enough stages, I use a Shure ULX. It's the best wireless I have ever used.

I have been using L6 G50 for awhile had a problem with cord but they sent me a new one, N/C.

elvis said:
I hate the L6 transmitter cables. I replaced them with Shure cables and they have been great.
I bought one of these Mogami cables with a 1/4" right angle. I bought it a little longer because I prefer to keep the transmitter on my back pocket.
https://eventhorizon-srv.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_27_207&products_id=5033&osCsid=8fc89d0f76a105f1d2d652f2124b50e4

I carry the original cable as a backup in case I have any issues at a gig.

So did you go wireless?

I'm using the G50 and it's worked flawlessly unless I forget to change batteries
and it goes down because of the batteries dying.

Way better than being tied down with a cord, even on a small stage. One less
thing to trip over. I don't like how it takes space on my pedal board though
but that's about the only thing I can find fault with.

Latest posts

Back