Limited Edition 40th Ann. Mark V 1x12 Combos (Limited to 75)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all dollars in this are canadian which is almost par with the us dollar

a mark five is about 2700

the premier flame maple was 985 extra (which was what the 900 us probably was)

the private reserve flame maple cabs are 1350 extra

and im sure a wicker grill would cost extra on both those

the 40th ann was 1700 extra canadian

an extra 350 bucks from the regular private reserve maple for a precious grade french flamed walnut cab that you can not even order if you wanted to with the inlays that are very nice and numbered x of 75 with wicker grill

and hand signed by the man himself and that is one big hurtle in the quality control department

when I was looking at getting a private reserve quilted maple(to match my quilted maple guitars) I asked about the 40th ann and that it was only 350 more than i was already looking at spending it didnt take me long to make the choice

I have been through some terrible things in my life and when I stop to think about the hardest choice in my life to make is private reserve quilted maple or 40th ann It just have to smile

How much for the matching wide body extension cab? I would definitely insist on coasters when my buddies put their beers on top. You wouldnt want any unsightly rings on top. :lol: I would never buy this amp. I would turn into such a protective ******* that my friends and family would hate me and my wife would leave me. Eventually, I would end up looking like Golem and muttering things about my precious!

Nermel said:
I think this wood is supposed to be better than normal "private reserve"...it's highly figured "precious class" or something like that...not to mention those emblems are inlays.

I understand why people get mad at the price, but it's not like they are forcing you to buy it....you can still get the amp at it's normal price...if I had the money, I'd gladly shell it out on this beautiful limited edition

I would definitely pay it. Hell my XTC Classic set me back close to $4500...and no custom finish...and no cab. IMO the Mark V blows the XTC away.

Per the FEB 2009 PRONET, a Private Reserve MK V Combo would price as follows:

Base Price: $2099
Private Reserve H/W: $1069 (and this includes your choice of Jute Grill...wicker)

So that prices out to: $3168

So the 40th Ann LTD is an Extra: $832 for a select exclusive Private Reserve Wood only avail for this limited run, Hand Signed by the grand One, only 75 in the world, Cetificate, and the custom 40th emblem in the wood.

I don't think it's that bad (in a normal economy :| )

So, it's way more than the additional $350 difference (CONUS). This is according to the 02/09 price sheet. Not sure if there is a newer one out there.

Let's be realistic, this is not for everyone....also consider the prices of some of the boutique amps out there that have inferior technology..and don't have superior tone... (e.g. Two Rock, Fuchs, Bogner, etc...). Some of these amps sell upwards of $10K,

I joined the forum just to be able say I bought one of these amps. I was looking for Base Mark V, the local music shop said all they had coming was one of the Limited Edition in Sapel, looked it up, called them back, put a deposit down, a week later, it's sitting in my home. Man it is so beautiful, and sounds amazing. I love to just look at it. I have number 10 of 75. I was told that they only made 20 of Sapel due to running out of the wood. I love the walnut too, maybe even more, but since I own 1 of 20 in Sapel, that should make it even more of a collectors, or at least that's what I've told myself. :mrgreen:

I plan to take pics next weekend as I really want daylight so that I can get the best pics. I also plan to try a Youtube Video as well, that'll be my first. I'm sure lots of people want to see one of these up close. I joy to play through and a true wonder on the eyes.

barryathome said:
I joined the forum just to be able say I bought one of these amps. I was looking for Base Mark V, the local music shop said all they had coming was one of the Limited Edition in Sapel, looked it up, called them back, put a deposit down, a week later, it's sitting in my home. Man it is so beautiful, and sounds amazing. I love to just look at it. I have number 10 of 75. I was told that they only made 20 of Sapel due to running out of the wood. I love the walnut too, maybe even more, but since I own 1 of 20 in Sapel, that should make it even more of a collectors, or at least that's what I've told myself. :mrgreen:

First off welcome to the forum! I'm new here myself and for a similar reason - I took ownership of a Mesa Mark V 1x12 combo last week. Fantastic amp!!!

Secondly - congratulations!! The Limited Edition series takes one of the best sounding amps in production today and turns it into one of the most beautiful amps as well

Lastly - pics or it didn't happen. :D Seriously - I'm eagerly awaiting your pics post.

Side comments: I personally have no problems with Mesa's pricing on the Ltd.Ed. amps. If they sell all 75 then their pricing will have been proven to be appropriate (what the market will bear). Personally, though, I could never own one. While I'm careful with my equipment everything I use shows some signs of use eventually. I'm better off with tolex covered amps and plain looking guitars. I sure like looking at figured wood guitars and cabs though!

Wow - that's just stunning!! Certainly one of the nicest hardwood cabs I've ever seen. Congratulations again! :)

So I don't normally do this, but I am just letting everyone know we just got in one of the Walnut limited edition MARK V combos available for sale. There are only 20 in the entire U.S.! We are an authorized boogie dealer and this is in the FACTORY SEALED BOX. Feel free to email me or call the store with any questions!
[email protected] 651-686-4007

FoxtoneMusic said:
So I don't normally do this, but I am just letting everyone know we just got in one of the Walnut limited edition MARK V combos available for sale. There are only 20 in the entire U.S.! We are an authorized boogie dealer and this is in the FACTORY SEALED BOX. Feel free to email me or call the store with any questions!
[email protected] 651-686-4007

One of you guys buy it, you won't regret it, well "ONLY" for home use. I'd never take mine out of the house, not even out of my music room.

Not trying to turn this into a For Sale thread, but Here's the one we have in stock: http://www.musicpower.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=GAMBCT-MARKVWAL

let me tell you, this thing looks INSANE in person. We've had both woods come through the shop, and I much prefer the Walnut. I just wish Boogie had put the back piece of this amp on the top or something, cause it's unreal. I took those pics myself.

It sounds killer, too, if that's any consolation :lol:

I agree they should have made the back the top. much nicer grain.

its interesting because on mine they switched to the cage for the tubes in sted of the bar, mine is in the # 70's

they do sound amazing

edit. im kind of late on this because i have been out of power in a -40 blizzard in Saskatchewan for the last two days

Back