John Petrucci talks and demos the Mark V (settings)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaManBoogie

Reaction score
Enjoy

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kOIx7HbhxQ&feature=recentlik

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i24e8icZG1o&feature=related

Very cool and informative. Interesting to hear how he describes his perception of how the tone controls affect the overall tone and what his preferences are.

Thanks for posting,
Jean.

Nice! I find it interesting that he leaves the EQ off in certain situations. I wonder what pick he's using? Looks small like a jazz type, but it's got more attack than those usually provide.

I too always thought the EQ was an "have to" part of the MV. I guess not though! Must be my own boxy thinking :lol:

Good post!

Nice! I find it interesting that he leaves the EQ off in certain situations. I wonder what pick he's using? Looks small like a jazz type, but it's got more attack than those usually provide

I believe he uses the JP Shield Black Jazz III ones....basically looks like a Jazz III Stiffo with a custom JP logo embossed on it.

awesome video's. really cool to hear him explain his philosophy about how he gets his tone.

everything sounds exactly the same with my Ibanez with Air Norton in neck and Steve´s special in bridge, EXCEPT Mark I mode, in the vid sounds more gainy and boxy not even close to what I´m hearing here, anyway the rest sound awesome

Very good... no extreme mode there?? i thought for rhythm he used more the extreme mode... since it is the MarkIV with bright...

Scary said:
Nice! I find it interesting that he leaves the EQ off in certain situations. I wonder what pick he's using? Looks small like a jazz type, but it's got more attack than those usually provide.

I'm not one to give people a hard time over wording but how does a Jazz III not provide enough "attack"? Wouldn't that pick provide the most attack???

ryjan said:
I will never understand why he doesn't use Triaxis' live. His amp tech must be on the verge of a breakdown.

Why? Are they easy to set up in comparison?

I have a Mark V and I set it and forget it.

Hendog said:
ryjan said:
I will never understand why he doesn't use Triaxis' live. His amp tech must be on the verge of a breakdown.

Why? Are they easy to set up in comparison?

I have a Mark V and I set it and forget it.
MIDI switching mainly. And digital values for settings.

cmon guys..nobody noted that mark I mode in the vid sounds alike to the real amp ???

Latest posts

Back