IIC+ Simul: Two different versions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

Here’s the circuit of my Mark IIC++, I find it to be lacking brightness and even gain (which I know shouldn’t be the case since it has the ++ mod).

After reading this thread I think this may have 1) the brightness reduction mod and 2) resistor between Vol 1 and Treble that may be reducing gain.

I’m just going based on what I read here but also based on how the amp sounds.

Is there someone on here that can highlight exactly what legs I need to clip out to achieve 1 and 2 as mentioned above?

Assuming it’s that easy.

upload image

#2121313 said:
Hey guys,

Here’s the circuit of my Mark IIC++, I find it to be lacking brightness and even gain (which I know shouldn’t be the case since it has the ++ mod).

After reading this thread I think this may have 1) the brightness reduction mod and 2) resistor between Vol 1 and Treble that may be reducing gain.

I’m just going based on what I read here but also based on how the amp sounds.

Is there someone on here that can highlight exactly what legs I need to clip out to achieve 1 and 2 as mentioned above?

Assuming it’s that easy.

First pic shows that you dont have the brightness reduction mod the cap should be across the the bottom left resistor of the preamp board just left and down from yellow wire.
100k resistor runs between volume pot and treble pot in second pic which is a gain boost mod i think. Hope this helps

Wouldn’t the 100K resistor between Vol1 and Treble reduce current flow vs boost? So if I were to replace this resistor with a solid wire wouldn’t it allow for more to flow through?

I’m currently also using an OD as a clean boost in front of the amp. I’d like to stop using the OD, and I shouldn’t have to use an OD with a IIC++.

Is this resistor effectively my culprit as far as reduction in gain?

I’ll post about the brightness separately.

I realize that I may have posted in the wrong thread, so best to carry on in the thread in the link below as it contains the posts from Boogiebabies which I was referring to originally :)

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9653&p=528393#p528393

Back