I am dumb----Super Glue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalmike117

Reaction score
So my diamond plate was glued on and it fell off randomly last night. I put super glue on the plate in an effort to reattach it to the amp. It fell again and I have super glue residue on the left and right side of my solo 50 head.

Question 1.

How can you remover super glue from a metal chassis without totally screwing up paint and such? How do you remove superglue from Tolex?

Question 2.

Can someone punch me in the face? Because I was so pissed I did that.

Question 3.

When the glue dripped down to the side of the power switch it started smoking a little then stopped. Am I going to blow the amp?

Question 4.

Punch?????

Doesn't it seem to you that your questions are a bit too technical for someone on this board to answer, without having seen your amp or operated it in person? There could be any number of things wrong with your amp, which caused the smoking. It's one thing to come on here about normal operating issues, such as issues with tubes or reverb, but its totally another thing to come on here and ask for diagnostic help for a situation that was caused by gross human error.

Instead of spending time asking for advice on a forum, which in the end will not provide you with enough information to sustain a definitive answer, why not just call a Mesa tech and schedule an appointment to bring it in for a professional analysis.

Either way, good luck to you! :wink:

Ok, well lets try this then. How does one remove super glue from a piece of metal like a chassis? Anyone?

Metalmike117 said:
Ok, well lets try this then. How does one remove super glue from a piece of metal like a chassis? Anyone?

I would try goo gone or something similar (in VERY small amounts, at least at first).

b0nkersx said:
Metalmike117 said:

I would try goo gone or something similar (in VERY small amounts, at least at first).

Thanks man! I was thinking Super-Glue De-bonder too. I appreciate the feedback.

Why ask a bunch of musicians? Try Googling your question, or going to a hardware store!

bagtag.jpg

jbird said:
Why ask a bunch of musicians? Try Googling your question, or going to a hardware store!

Did that, however googling "super glue removal from a Mesa boogie amp chassis" didn't come back with much lol

Just wondering if anyone else was as stupid as me, and had a solution.

You're a tad too specific.
Try Googling "removing super glue".
Or, click this:
http://www.supergluecorp.com/removingsuperglue.html
The secret is acetone, otherwise known as nail polish remover.
Get some from your girlfriend.
Oh, sorry, I forgot, you're a musician. :lol:

haha I asked her, her nail polish doesn't have acetone. Because it's not "natural" bleh bleh bleh. lol Thank you for the recommendation.

Good grief! When did this board become chock full of rude replies? Is it because HC went 2.0?

Anyway, the super glue from the chassis can be removed with acetone. But DO NOT try to use it on your tolex...it will melt it. The tolex is vinyl, and acetone + vinyl = mess. I would try to scrape it down some with a razor blade, then use your thumbnail to try getting the rest off of the tolex.

For the smoking switch, are you sure it was from the superglue?

mikey383 said:
Good grief! When did this board become chock full of rude replies? Is it because HC went 2.0?

Anyway, the super glue from the chassis can be removed with acetone. But DO NOT try to use it on your tolex...it will melt it. The tolex is vinyl, and acetone + vinyl = mess. I would try to scrape it down some with a razor blade, then use your thumbnail to try getting the rest off of the tolex.

For the smoking switch, are you sure it was from the superglue?

Amen! Regardless of your opinion of the question asked or the person asking it If you need to be nasty to people looking for help maybe you shouldn't reply!

ryjan said:
+9,267

No kidding, what is with all of the douchebag replies? I know for a FACT there are people here with a enough rudimentary carpentry experience to EASILY answer these questions and instead we end up with a full scale Seymour Duncan Forum invasion instead. BOO URNS!

Nail polish remover or acetone will destroy the amp's Tolex and any painted of powder coated surface. It will cause more damage than good. I would avoid using them. Start with the mildest solvent possible and move up if it doesn't work.

Have you tried just a little spit on the glue and rubbing it off with your thumb?

Sounds a little gross, but its worked on everything thats ever been stuck to anything for me. Just last week I had a pop ring on my amps tolex, a little spit on the finger and it was right off and looking good as new.

Latest posts

Back