Huge difference of chan1 treble knob between v and V:25?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredding

Reaction score
I'm doing an a/b between my mark v and Mark v:25 and found out the reason I don't like my mark v chan 1 is because there's the huge difference in the treble knob between the v and v:25.

To eliminate other factors, i turned mid on both amps to 0, and kept bass at 12:00. Both in FAT mode. Mark V is on "Normal". Presence are both set at 12:00. Mark v is on 90 w setting and 5:25 on 25 w. When rolling the treble all the way down, Mark V still sounds fairly bright, while 5:25 sounds completely muffled. When having treble at 12:00 on both amps, Mark V sounds very "pointy" but 5:25 sounds fairly warm and full bodied.

Both amp are almost brand new. i put in new tubes in my Mark V. I understand there's a difference in the Mid pot potentiometer, (5:25 possibly being log resister and V is linear). But Is there a difference between the Treble pot potentiometer also?

I also compared Mids at other levels other than 0 and the treble pots are still behaving very differently.

Why are you comparing the channels in the first place ?

I have a question for you, can you make them sound good regardless of where the knobs are at and do they sound simular?

I just can't dial out the nasty highs on the V. with the v25, it can be easily rolled off from the treble knob.

I know some people don't use the EQ with the clean channel but just see if you can dial it out with the slider EQ. If thats the case and you can they its kinda shows the bandwidth of that treble that needs cutting.

Other thing just to try is to knock your tone knob on your guitar down just to see if that takes it off.

Once you can grasp where its coming from you might see if its from a pickup and see if a slight pickup adjustment can take it out. If not maybe an eq in the loop to take the treble out might be the only option when your using the clean channel.

Thank you kingdarko. I think my question is, are your amps behaving similarly with such a huge difference between the 2 models?

i dont know what else to say man they are two different amps i would not expect them to sound exactly the same and they are different watts, the mid control has a boost on it. So there are too many varibles for them to be the same so why bother comparing them?

If you can get two great sounds out of them regardless of where the knobs are then rock on forget about the dials and just set them to where they sound good.

Latest posts

Back