Hi I'm new here, and would like to share my boogie tones

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knelltaur

Reaction score
this is my band and most of the guitar tones are all from a MARK4(early90'sAversion) with a maching 4x12old boogie cab

http://www.myspace.com/knellt

all the cleans are with the rythm2 ch with an boss eq, a little crunch from a tubescreamer on it.
the overdrive/distortion are also from the rythm2 ch with more gain turned up on the amp, and a RAT.
I use the rythm ch instead of the lead, because I find more definition and les harsh highs when cranked.
I mostly set the amp in full power with triode switched in.

guitars used are: gibson sonex180 deluxe('82), and a fender telecaster.

Dude I'm diggin on this a LOT! Really weird sounding stuff. Love it. The guitars also sound very good. Almost a piano quality on the cleans. Very very nice. Can't praise you enough. Love to hear more.

EtherealWidow said:
Dude I'm diggin on this a LOT! Really weird sounding stuff. Love it. The guitars also sound very good. Almost a piano quality on the cleans. Very very nice. Can't praise you enough. Love to hear more.

+1

Thanks guys!!! :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I sold my Mark4 and got two new amps.... well, new old amps :wink:
an old fender Basman135(78), and a SOVTEK MIG100B, which are both supposed to be bass amps!!! buy hey, I'm loving them alot.

Seth.D

Dude... nice. Those are some really **** sweet amps. Wish I had the chance to even just play through one.

Sounds like something new. Keep it up! Great tone, I don't know if you regard that as positive or negative, but it sounded very raw, unpolished. Snare was St. Anger-ish, but it fits your music better than it did Metallica's.

I would buy a Sovtek MIG without even thinking. Those things sound awesome (and they look badass too). :mrgreen:

I know what you mean with the mix sounding raw. I love it. I hate the studio, overly-polished stuff. I love being able to hear the sound of the room within the mix. The overall vibe was just really cool. Don't hear stuff like that a lot.

In your face sound. The cleans very warm and smooth (ah, those telecasters). For this type of sound the distorted tone fits well, but not my type of distorted tone. Good work!

the overall feel of Pallor reminds me of Opeth.. it must be due to the vocal work.. i like it..

Hey guys! thanks for the compliments and constructive criticism.

I'm not shure if I should be posting here anymore, since I sold my boogie head, and the only boogie I own is the old 4x12!

but hey, to the guys who want to hear the amps I got after I sold my Mark4, here's a video of a show we did recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tanGVENktdU
*mind the sh!tty camera mic*

Seth.D

Ha. Dude, even if for my sake alone, please keep posting here. I love your stuff. Just listening to it the other day.

Holy ****! this is great! :shock: how didn't I know about the band?? btw your distortion sounds brutal...

may I ask, what specific version of the RAT are you using?

thanks guys!

the Dogfather - you didn't know about our band because we're too busy making music and too lazy promoting ourselves! :p

the Rat I'm using is a large box vintage Rat reissue, and the other guitar player uses an old RAT from the early '80s. I've tried more than 10 Rat models, and the one I use now was the most satisfying.

RATs and MUFFs vary in tone from one item to another, so don't judge them if you've only tried one or two.

Seth.D

Wow, so I gave pallor a listen and I love it. Very ominous, prophetic style which i dig. The only question i have is...are you playing in b? **** is looooow. good work

Latest posts

Back