Hendrix tone on a Roadster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might just be able to pull it off, but it depends on how close you want to cop the Hendrix tone...

you have heard this before, but..

its going to depend on how well you play like jimmy hendrix

Not my clip and not a Roadster, but its older brother, the Roadking II. I thought it had a Hendrix vibe to it... might be just me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJg8laPTbGA

IMHO, you need a non-master volume 100 watt Marshall sound (no maxed-out preamp gain here, but EL-34s, not 6L6s) with a Fuzz Face, Vox Wah, and a Uni-Vibe (real or models), all run into the front of the amp (no effects loops, either). An upside-down 68 reissue Strat would help, too.
Although it sure seems like anybody with the Uni-Vibe sound captures the, uh, vibe.

MrMarkIII said:
IMHO, you need a non-master volume 100 watt Marshall sound (no maxed-out preamp gain here, but EL-34s, not 6L6s) with a Fuzz Face, Vox Wah, and a Uni-Vibe (real or models), all run into the front of the amp (no effects loops, either). An upside-down 68 reissue Strat would help, too.
Although it sure seems like anybody with the Uni-Vibe sound captures the, uh, vibe.

Actually a lot of his recordings were done with Fender amps which are 6L6s.

Latest posts

Back