HEAD 2 HEAD Single Recto vs. Dual Recto Roadster Comparison!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Breeze

Reaction score
Continuing on my HEAD 2 HEAD Series with some Rectifiers!

Single Recto V2 vs. Dual Recto Roadster
Playing begins at 2:56
Dirty Tree on at 4:09

Which is which? Why?

oh man... I am on my laptop speakers so that's my excuse hahaha

I'm going with 1) Roadster, 2) Single. The Roadster has a sort of clearer, deeper tone overall and the slightly overpowering bass and the Single has that bit of grindy cut in the mids

(laptop speakers! laptop speakers!)
Thanks for watching and commenting! I will post and link the reveal video soon! This one definitely surprised me!

I can't hear a stark difference. Maybe just a subtle difference in gain structure. The mids are very consistent with the two sound sources so I am not hearing a noticiable sweep in the cuts between them. If you didn't tell me there were two amps I wouldn't notice. This would be even more the case in a band mix.

Last edited:
oh, it's a clout chasing thing. nevermind.
Not at all, quite the contrary. If you watch the head 2 head series that I've created it mostly started as a result of the Mark series. Most folks go on and on about how much better the Mark IIC+ is than the rest of the Mark amps. As you can see, I own most of the Mark series currently, and they're **** near the same with the same settings, through the same cabinet.

My thought process is to show people the differences between many of these amps are fairly minute and to listen with their ears and not their eyes. I do this as a blind test exactly for this reason. I'm not chasing anything other than trying to help folks out in any way I can.

I can't hear a stark difference. Maybe just a subtle difference in gain structure. The mids are very consistent with the two sound sources so I am not hearing a noticiable sweep in the cuts between them. If you didn't tell me there were two amps I wouldn't notice. This would be even more the case in a band mix.
Thanks for watching! This is exactly the point of my Head 2 Head series. These are two completely different Rectos from years apart. Many folks say the Single sounds thin, or not like other Rectifiers. Many folks also say the Roadster is dark compared to other Recto's. I set these at the same settings, and while I do hear differences, it's not like they sound like two incredibly different amps.

go promote your youtube channel somewhere else
This section is specifically for videos, this is a video. The primary reason I do these videos is from requests by viewers or questions I see in forums, & groups. No one is asking you to watch. This has nothing to do with promotion of my channel, and everything to do with what is mentioned above. My channel is a hobby for me, and free content for you, so go complain somewhere else.

I waited a long time before joining this forum even though many folks recommend that I should, as a result of my passion for Mesa Boogie. As you can see, I have quite a few Boogie products, more than most people will ever own in a lifetime, let alone at the same time.

LOL Please ignore this comment. Videos and sample tones of Boogies are always welcome here. If you go to the trouble to make such a video, by all means, please let folks here know!
Thanks for that, I am definitely confused by this response. This is a Boogie forum, I would expect to see a lot of Boogie content? lol

This is odd as the original message was this and then it was edited into that bitter and twisted crap:

1698022158046.png

BTW thanks for taking the time to make the videos. Most people don't know how much time there is involved in the process of doing this.

This is odd as the original message was this and then it was edited into that bitter and twisted crap:

View attachment 2373

BTW thanks for taking the time to make the videos. Most people don't know how much time there is involved in the process of doing this.
I know right, I was extremely confused at first, like how could I have missed that response? I find that there are MANY folks who don't seem to appreciate anyone doing gear reviews/comparisons... which is strange because I've also seen the same folks asking the same stupid questions over and over in groups and forums. Then when someone answers it for them in a more helpful way, they shun them and get butt hurt? No clue what the thought process is. I do this for free and because I like doing it, not trying to be the next Ola Englund, just trying to help when/where I can.

Back