• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS FT: Mark IV A Long Head and Mark III Blue Stripe Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttbaron

Reaction score
For sale or trade – Mark IV A long head and Mark III blue stripe simul- class combo. I'm looking for a 2 Channel Dual Rectifier in good or better condition or maybe a 3 channel Dual Rectifier.

Mark IV A long head - fairly new (low hours) JJ 6L6 power tubes, Sovtek and GT preamp tubes, was recently checked out by a local tech (4/12 have receipts), had the bias adjusted and is in perfect working condition, serial #IV5186.

Mark III blue stripe simul-class combo - used to be a head and is now in a DC-5 cabinet with a 90 watt black shadow speaker. Cabinet has some rash, but nothing major. It has Mesa preamp tubes and almost new (bought 4/12 – maybe 2 hours on them) Mesa EL34 and 6L6 power tubes. It has been modded so the reverb control is now the volume of channel 2 making it a true 3 channel amp. Has recently (5/2) been to the tech and had a few capacitors changed, the bias adjusted and the eq faders repacked. I have receipts for the tubes and the work. Also in perfect working condition.

Both amps sound great and function perfectly. No need for any tech work as it has all been taken care of. Both amps come with footswitches. I'm looking for something with a lot of gain and have decided to go back to the dual rectifier. I need to move fast so I’m definitely willing to negotiate.

http://www.musicfromtheashes.com/markiv.htm
http://www.musicfromtheashes.com/markiii.html

Mark IV - $1375
Mark III - $975

Not sure about cathode bias. I originally had it serviced it early February and according to the receipt he re set the bias for JJ 6L6's. Whether that meant putting it back to it's original state or adding something I don't know. He didn't mention anything about a mod so it's doubtful he did, otherwise he would have asked me. Either way, it's optimized for the JJ's. On 4/12 I took it to another tech since I lost some gain, but it was a preamp tube problem. He checked out the entire amp and the bias was fine so whatever was done was correct. Both techs are very reputable so the amp is definitely in great condition.

Mark III sold.

Picked up a nice 3 channel dual with a series loop mod on 7/1.

Mark IV still for sale.

Latest posts

Back