• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS/FT: 2007 Roadster Head + Basson 2x12 + RJM RG-16 NJ/NY/PA

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurso

Reaction score
I figured I'd make a new thread instead of bumping the old one I had targeting a trade.

I'm looking to unload my 2007 Roadster head, Basson 2x12 and possibly (still not decided totally) my RJM RG-16. Why am I selling such a fine amp that i've been totally happy with for the last 5 or so years? Well thats because the Electra Dyne has stolen my heart and with the current material I'm writing, the ED fits the bill a lot better. In a perfect world without mortgages, car payments, etc. I'd just buy an ED and have the best of both worlds, but since that's not my situation I'd rather sell off or trade the Roadster towards what I want. With that said, I will listen to other trades but I have my heart set on an ED. For the Roadster and Basson I'd like to keep the deal local to the NJ/NY/PA area because I'm not fond of shipping amps... I've had too many issues in the past and would like the peace of mind of knowing it found its new owner in one piece. The RG-16 I'll ship to lower 48.

Roadster: I'm the original owner since the spring of 2007. Its never been gigged and has always been handled with care in a smoke free home. I've had it serviced twice since I've bought (one time a screen resister, the other time just a tune up) by the well known amp guru Dennis Kager at Central Jersey Music (last time was late 2011). The power tubes are all new (maybe 5-10 hours) and the original preamp tubes have about 10 hours on them (I've been using NOS for quite a while now). I would consider the amp as close to mint as you'd find. there are no scuffs, bumps, bruises or any flaw to speak of. I have the original tags, soft head cover and footswitch (which hasn't gotten much use since I've never gigged this amp and use a midi switching system). The amp is a pure beast and can cover as much ground as almost any amp I've ever played, especially when you start experimenting with different ODs (OCD, BB Preamp, etc). I hate to let this amp go but I'm absolutely lusting for an ED at the moment, so it is what it is. SOLD

Basson 2x12: I've had this cab for about a decade now and I've used it with all different amps and paired with different cabs, and it has always been sort of a secret sauce. If you haven't heard or played through one the best way to describe it is punchy, big and super clean. Yes it is MDF but its built like a tank (as good as any Mesa cab I've owned, and I've owned A LOT of Mesa cabs). It has two Eminence Legend speakers and is in good condition. It has a few flaws which I point out in the pics but nothing you notice unless you get on your knees and look for the flaws. I refer to this cab as a secret sauce because it has one of the cleanest tones I've ever heard out of a cab which lets what ever you plug into it shine through. For some guys that want the cab to color your tone this is not the cab, but the best application I've used it for is pairing with another 1x12 or 2x12 that has a warmer speaker in it (i.e. V30). The end result is a great mixture of warm character (V30 cab) mixed with a lot of clean punch and clarity (Basson). What I found funny is that while I loved the Roadster through the Mills or Diezel cabs I owned, adding the Basson to the mix just made things even better. When paired alone with the Roadster, it definitely helps handle the bottom end and for cleans gives you a more fendery/glassy tone that I wasn't able to achieve with the Roadster, Recto, Mills, Diezel, or Mesa halfback cabs I've owned. Looking to get $250

RJM RG-16: Still not 100% sure I want to sell this as I may use it with the ED. The thing I love best about the RG-16 is that its stupid simple to use, yet it allows me to implement a slightly more complex setup in that I can get the flexibility and ease of use of a digital amp (Line 6/Axe-FX) while still using pedals and a tube amp. Not much more to say other than I'm the original owner and the only wear on it is a little wear around the mouting holes and a little rack rash on the top (which you don't see when its mounted in a rack). Looking for $400 shipped... comes with cable for Roadster/Road King

DSC01271.jpg

gear_basson_rocktron_skb001.jpg

gear_basson_rocktron_skb002.jpg

gear_basson_rocktron_skb003.jpg

gear_basson_rocktron_skb014.jpg

gear_basson_rocktron_skb015.jpg

gear_basson_rocktron_skb016.jpg

holygrail016.jpg

threequarterstack2.jpg

threequarterstack.jpg

Might be open to shipping the head... still would prefer local sale. Let me know if anyone's interested... I'll listen to all offers.

Back