Foo Fighters & Lone Star

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leroy the Massochist

Reaction score
I know that Dave Groll used lone stars on that double album (electric acoustic) they did. Here they are live at Hyde Park and you can see a 2*12 Lone Star behind him. I think he uses a Special sometimes.

I am becoming the boogie board lone stars offical spotter, maybe we should have a list of pofeesionals using the lone star so we can check out the sound, so far I have seen/heard:

Foo Fighters - LSS I think
Dumpstaphunk - LSS
Steely Dan - LSS
Soulive - LS I think (Ican't believe he takes a flamed hard would cabinet on tour, but he does have a great sound)

Cheers

Prince- LS
Manic Street Preachers 2x LS
Hoosiers LSS + LS

BoogieDown said:
Mork said:
Prince- LS
Manic Street Preachers 2x LS
Hoosiers LSS + LS

wow, when did prince switch? I thought he was using the Heartbreaker.
Depends how old this video is but he definitely has used a LS http://www.singingfool.com/Title.aspx?publishedid=720089

I am pretty sure Al DiMeola used a LSC firing into the back of a Fuchs during the Return To Forever show last year. The Fuchs was miced and the idea was to generate that much more sound by the sound waves from the LSC hitting the Fuch's speakers.
Check out midway through page 2 of the TGP thread for a photo and explanation from Andy Fuchs

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=424076&page=2

I've been watching that Return to Forever DVD this week - what a performance. Those four are so tight, but know how to leave space for each other. It's by far the best dvd I've ever seen...

Robert Randolph is using an LSC in the second Clapton guitar festival DVD. The one that was filmed in Chicago. I haven't watched in a while but I'm pretty sure there was another LSC later on the DVD but I can't remember the band right now.

(haven't been around here in a while, and it feels good to be back)

thirstypirate said:
haven't been around here in a while
I'll say. Figured you shipped out to ports unknown. Either that or jumped ship on the orange pork for some exotic chinese junk. :lol: Nice avatar. Good to see ya back. Long live the orange pig!

plan-x said:
thirstypirate said:
haven't been around here in a while
I'll say. Figured you shipped out to ports unknown. Either that or jumped ship on the orange pork for some exotic chinese junk. :lol: Nice avatar. Good to see ya back. Long live the orange pig!

:lol: I was in New Orleans for while and then New York City for the commissioning of the new ship I'm on, USS New York. It was an awesome experience that didn't leave much time for the forums or even playing much guitar. I'm ready to get back to normal now.

Latest posts

Back