Fair price for '92 Dual?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the.rev

Reaction score
There's a guy on kijiji selling a '92 DR with cab for $2700 - seems a bit steep, is this a fair price or is he totally out to lunch?

Here's a link to the ad if anyone cares to take a look... i'm somewhat interested in picking this up if it can be had at the right price.

http://bit.ly/k0ut61

the.rev said:
There's a guy on kijiji selling a '92 DC with cab for $2700 - seems a bit steep, is this a fair price or is he totally out to lunch?

Here's a link to the ad if anyone cares to take a look... i'm somewhat interested in picking this up if it can be had at the right price.

http://bit.ly/k0ut61

Around here I see DC's them all the time on CL for $800-$1200 and $400-$600 for a 4X12 Recto

Well, that is probably a rev F judging by the serial number. It looks exactly like my head.

That price is for SURE far too steep, especially for such an old amp.

In Canada, perhaps $1,000 - $1,200 for the head and $600 - $750 for the cab is more fair.

talltxguy said:
New Rectifiers list for $1,899.
New 4X12 cabs list for $949.
Total price for new Rectifier & 4X12 cab = $2,848.

This is a CANADIAN ad.
So yes, the prices will be slightly higher. Mesa gear is more expensive up here for whatever reason.

Mesa Boogie - Dual Rec 100 Head 3 Channel with Diamond Plate
Price: $1,975.00

Mesa Boogie - Rectifier 4x12 Slant Cab
Price: $975.00

= $2950.

BUT, back when I got my Dual Rev F, canadian funds were $0.67 USD so things were WAY more expensive then. Consider, that at that exchange rate $4500 is worth the same as approx $3,000 is now. Chances are that guy paid almost five grand for his stack when he bought it.

I bought my Dual Rectifier used for $1,700 with the incredibly weak canadian dollar. Back then, it would have cost me more to buy a nomad 55 stack then it would now to get an Electra Dyne stack. Based on that exchange rate, I paid $1139 USD for my head. This was back in 2001.

The price is out to lunch. Once you deduct the price of the used cab he's basically asking $2000 to $2200 for the amp.

A Rev F Recto should run around $1000 or so. That one will be worth a little more due to the black face/chrome chassis.... on the high end I'd offer $1300 tops.

Considering it's Canada, I'd consider the pair to be worth around $1750 to $2000.

Further, the transformers in those amps were leftovers from the Mark III, not the Mark IIC+ as claimed.

WOW!!!!! That guy is proud of that amp isn't he?

I just bought an entire Mesa Rectifier halfstack for $1200. :lol:

fluff191 said:
WOW!!!!! That guy is proud of that amp isn't he?

I just bought an entire Mesa Rectifier halfstack for $1200. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all fairness, I'd imagine that guy's halfstack is in much better cosmetic condition. Also consider this is Canada and the used market is fetches slightly higher prices than down south. This still doesn't account for 50% of his asking price though. Methinks this item will be relisted... MANY TIMES!

With that price you can almost buy two halfstacks! That blackface/chrome model have some mistic arround it but they show up from time to time on ebay and they go for 1300,1400 top.

Latest posts

Back