EV Black Shadow

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masterof1angel

Reaction score
Hey guys, what was the original Speaker that came with the Mark IIc+s? Mine says Electro voice Evm and I'd like to get 4 of them for a cabinet. do they still make them?

you are probably looking for the EV-12L (200 watts). you can find them with a mesa brand "black shadow" or no brand. Even the "Series II" are the same thing. They make a reissue... the EV-12L Classic, though some say it's not quite the same, but I can't comment on that. Get ready for some heavy lifting with 4 EV's in a 4x12

scott

yeah, the classic is not the same: not worse or better, just different. (slightly narrower frequency range & warmer over all, imho)

i recently put 4 of the originals in a mesa 4x12 cab & yes, it's very heavy.

@ 800 watts though, i guess it'll withstand anything short of a wall socket.

Hi,
My C+ came with an Eminence MS-12. Which is also a great speaker.
Two MS12's, and two EVM-12L's could be a wise choice.
Cheers
Ian

kiwi-kid said:
Hi,
My C+ came with an Eminence MS-12. Which is also a great speaker.
Two MS12's, and two EVM-12L's could be a wise choice.
Cheers
Ian

I'm not fan of mixing the EVM12L's and MS12's. However, I do like two 4x12's loaded with each and played together. 8) At one time I ran wet-dry/dry/wet-dry with the two outside cabs loaded with EVM's and the dry cab MS12's. I've since sold off the EVM12L's and I'm down to 5 MS12's :lol: At the end of the day I prefer Celestion G12-80's and G12H30's.

Back