E34L's in the Dual Rec!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dual rec

Reaction score
Got em in about 4 days ago and they are pretty awesome. alot more bass then my 6550's but the are smooth sounding. i had to adjust some settings but so far im pretty satisfied with them. one of the 6550's burnt out and i just felt like trying something new and it seems like a pretty good decision already! but there is always room for improvement with tone. its a neverending process.

im guessing stock 6550s = mesa 6l6s?

So your diggin it alot more then the 6l6?

What style of music do you play?

Welcome to great tone!

I will only use E34Ls in my Dual Rec. I like the upper midrange that they have, yet still retain a great low end.

I've had many compliments about my tone, and I have to say it's all because of the E34Ls.

I put the jj el34l's in my roadkingII with the jj6l6's. To me the el34l's definitely have more low end than a regular el34. I decided to compare the el34l's directly with the 6l6's. Since the roadking has progressive linkage, i put it on one pair of 6l6's and played then i put it on the pair of el34l's and played. Same channel, same settings, same guitar. The 6l6's have more highs and have more low end. The el34ls have more mids, upper mids, lower mids. The 6l6's are tighter, el34l's are crunchier. For my main high gain rhythm i stick with 2x 6l6's, for my clean i use the 2 x 6l6's. I use the el34l's for my lead tone. I've tried mixing one pair of 6l6 and the el34l's but it takes away some low end and tightness as well. WHen i use all the power tubes 2x 6l6 and 1x el34l still doesnt have the tightness or low end of just running the 6l6's. Just my two cents.

Nitrobattery said:
i swear by tung-sol el34b's. they sound amazing

Are those the tubes you use in some of your past clips you have posted on here?? If so, I'm getting some of those as asap!

-AJH

i just started using them in my roadster when i got it. before that i was using ruby's and groove tubes.

You chose wisely my son. When I got my Rec I loved it to death, but something was just "Missing". The El's were the ticket.

Fwdftw said:
Anyone got some good clips of el34d recs?

http://www.myspace.com/wocrocks
thats my bands Demo...i used to TWO Dual Recto's simultaneously both loaded with EL34s

I recenty to put el34's in my DR and I won't go back to the 6l6s. I love the sound with them, I loved my amp before, but it sounds even better now.

I would take a look into the KT77's as well. Pretty sweet IMO. Here's a clip I recorded recently with it (dual tracked):

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=479890&content=songinfo&songID=6665975

I always wondered about how the EL34's would sound compared to the 6L6's.. so far.. it seems like the EL's are winning..!!!! I guess I need to go buy a set of 4 ..!!! :wink:

BIG THANKS for the info..!!!!! ( I didn't want to waste money and not be happy. ) but how could a person NOT be happy with a Boogie.. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?:

MesaENGR412 said:
Nitrobattery said:
i just started using them in my roadster when i got it. before that i was using ruby's and groove tubes.

you have any clips with that amp? :D

-AJH

clips of the roadster or clips of the other boogies with groove tubes?

To me El34s sound much better in my 2 rectos

for you guys who want to hear my tone go to
www.myspace.com/vortexmetal
listen to the songs, all done with a recto loaded with EL34s and OD in front

danvortex said:
To me El34s sound much better in my 2 rectos

for you guys who want to hear my tone go to
www.myspace.com/vortexmetal
listen to the songs, all done with a recto loaded with EL34s and OD in front

what el 34s are those?

what pre amps.. thats pretty good tone right there! 2 channels or 3 channel recs?

Latest posts

Back