Dual recto precense pot operation/issue on Orange CH/modern

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VisaL

Reaction score
Greetings,

Based on the serial I have 2005 dual recto. I have noticed weird precence pot behavior on orange channel. This only happens when modern mode is selected, vintage mode has no issues. Symptom is that after 3 o'clock the tone is not getting brighter, but the opposite happens. It gets dull. It's not super effective before that either, but that might just be the value/taper of the pot being more vintage mode-friendly. I've had the amp for years, but havent fiddled with it that much or maybe I just never have gone past that setting on that channel in modern mode. So I cant tell if it has always been like that or is it a new thing.

One by one I have tried new preamp tube in every position, but that had no effect. Loop is fine. Output tubes put out a lot of power and since this happens only on that channel/mode, I dont think it's related to output tubes either. Nothing inside looks damaged/burned/out of place. No additional noise, otherwise sounds healthy. I'm out of ideas.

Does anyone have had similar issue or can confirm that their recto has similar feature going past 3 o'clock on precense dial on orange modern? Do you know if later revision would have different precense circuit which could be an indication that this issue has been acknowledged and fix by mesa for the later revisions?

Back