Does your mark v clean sound thinner than the mark v25?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredding

Reaction score
Under the same settings, my mark v's clean channel sounds very thin compared to my mark v25. Same cab, guitar. I changed v1 and v3 but same results. Is this by design or is my mark v faulty?

They are two different amps they arnt comparable by settings.

Set them up by how they sound not where the knobs are.

What he said.

Also, which power setting are you using on the V? Try 90W.

shredding said:
Yes I am using 90 w. I thought they have the same preamps?

Yes - but the preamp is only half the equation. When you want bigger tone, you generally want bigger headroom, bigger wattage and bigger iron. That's where the power amp part becomes relevant. I can hear a clear difference between the 10W power mode and the 90W power mode on the V. FWIW, I always use the 90W mode on my V because of this; it simply sounds bigger and ballsier than the other modes.

Similarly, if your big V sounds thin compared to your V:25, there's something wrong either with your amp (or its tubes) or with how you set it up.
(Or maybe we are just hearing 'thin' differently.)

I think the main issue is the difference between the tone stack. The treble on the v can't go past 12 uo'clock or it starts to sound thin, while on the 25, it won't sound thin till 3 o'clock. I thought they have the same tone stack

Latest posts

Back