decision made im getting a LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdan19

Reaction score
after alot of debate ive sold one of my custom made amps and am a week or so off purchasing a lonestar classic head. it'll be my second boogie and im really excited. i got a stiletto ace head last year and while its great at what it does it doesnt have the clean and breakup tones ive found on the lonestar. in a way its a bit of enlightenment into mesas diverse quality. the stiletto which i first perceived as a medium gain amp really does rip some ridiculously heavy gain out.

in contrast the lonestar which some reviewers complain its too clean, i think it has unreal blackface tones but i got the shock of my life when i opened up channel two. its got just as much grunt as the tight gain mode on the stilletto. my favourite sound was tweed power on the clean channel with just a hint of gain and reverb, absolutely fabulous and i could take the edge off with a slight roll back on my guitars volume.

its shown me that reading reviews can be useless when it comes to the sound of an amp. obviously if the reviewer is used to say a recto nothing is going to sound like a lot of gain. deffinately proves the try before you buy theory.

just my 2c. worth, anyways mesa rules

bigdan19 said:
after alot of debate ive sold one of my custom made amps and am a week or so off purchasing a lonestar classic head. it'll be my second boogie and im really excited. i got a stiletto ace head last year and while its great at what it does it doesnt have the clean and breakup tones ive found on the lonestar. in a way its a bit of enlightenment into mesas diverse quality. the stiletto which i first perceived as a medium gain amp really does rip some ridiculously heavy gain out.

in contrast the lonestar which some reviewers complain its too clean, i think it has unreal blackface tones but i got the shock of my life when i opened up channel two. its got just as much grunt as the tight gain mode on the stilletto. my favourite sound was tweed power on the clean channel with just a hint of gain and reverb, absolutely fabulous and i could take the edge off with a slight roll back on my guitars volume.

its shown me that reading reviews can be useless when it comes to the sound of an amp. obviously if the reviewer is used to say a recto nothing is going to sound like a lot of gain. deffinately proves the try before you buy theory.

just my 2c. worth, anyways mesa rules

I recently bought a LS head . Im blown away by it . You will not be dissapointed .

I've been thought every amp made. I'm very, very happy with the lonestar. It can be everything you want it to be.

amazing.

+1 on the LoneStar. I have the older classic without the 10 watt option. I am sure it is even more versatile, but I haven't gotten all the sounds out of this one yet. I haven't even tried the EL34's either. This amp in not going anywhere soon. Enjoy yours!

Latest posts

Back