Boogie what's next?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll chime in with the little amp crowd. I'd like to see some updated version of the Subway Blues.

I think the 20 watt Electradyne would be awesome, but switchable between 6V6's and EL84's. Also, maybe switchable between 5, 15, and 30 watt Simul-class.

Hollis said:
I think the 20 watt Electradyne would be awesome, but switchable between 6V6's and EL84's. Also, maybe switchable between 5, 15, and 30 watt Simul-class.

Agreed, but people need to start buying the Electra Dyne en masse if Mesa is to be convinced that such an investment is worthwhile. I had my Electra Dyne out yesterday and it never ceases to impress me. It will be a sad day when Mesa discontinues it.

How different is the royal atlantic from the electradyne in terms of fundamental tones (neglecting all the gadgetry)? From what I can tell from the marketing lit, ch1 is the same except with its own tonestack, but there seem to be mixed opinnions on the similarities of the gain channels.

A 2 channel Mark V "short" head. Exact same as the Mark V without the 2nd channel, just 1 and 3.
$ 1800 flat.

Perfect for guys like me that will probably never use the 2nd channel.

I'd like to see them bring back the Tremoverb... or, make the 4x12 Recto Straight w/slanted baffle cabs again. I'd also like to see a mini Stiletto thing going on... you know, a miniature version of it, aka "lunchbox size".

I have a friend selling an empty one of these cabs, we are in northern VA, I think he wants $360 for it and it is in great shape. If you are interested let me know, we get together at his house often to jam and try out different equiptment.

lespaulguy32 said:
I'd like to see them bring back the Tremoverb... or, make the 4x12 Recto Straight w/slanted baffle cabs again. I'd also like to see a mini Stiletto thing going on... you know, a miniature version of it, aka "lunchbox size".

Perhaps they'll go down the signature artist amp route like Marshall have over the past few years with the Slash/Malmsteen/Satriani amps.

I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing anything Electra Dyne related considering it's discontinued. Whether Boogie admits it or not, the RA is more or less in some form a revision of the Electra Dyne. After owning both it become pretty apparent the connections between the 2.

How about Rectoverb mkIII? Same 2 channels but with updated lonestar cleans and half power switch?

Anomaly said:
How about Rectoverb mkIII? Same 2 channels but with updated lonestar cleans and half power switch?

That got the axe, too. Mesa's cleaning house right now.

And yeah, I think it's always been obvious the RA was basically ED part two.

Latest posts

Back