Boogie 5 Band EQ (studio pre mod) with a Dual Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4nkam

Reaction score
Hey guys, check it out. This is a modified Mesa Boogie Studio preamp, using ONLY the onboard graphic EQ into the FX loop of my rackmount Rectifier.

Now, I've used other EQs with my recto before, in all variations, but something about a real Mesa Boogie EQ with it is just spot ONNNN :rock: It's just as versatile and powerful as on the Mark series and provides a LOT of tone shaping. It's an even more big and huge sound (not to mention feel) but very tight all around. I definitely want to try it out with a Triaxis at some point :)

Dual Recto with a Boogie 5 Band Graphic EQ

I can not believe more guitarist don't use this set-up. I swear by my Studio pre into my Mark llB. It is unreal, the gain and tone are the best I've ever had and I run it through the input jack, not into the loop, I've tried every way possible and coming out the send on line level of the S.P. is heavenly great. I used to use the S.P. with my 1972 unmodified Marshall super lead and thought that that ruled but the Mark llB changed that. I haven't tried this yet with my Mark lll or lV for some reason, it sounds sound that I should though.

4nkam said:
This is a modified Mesa Boogie Studio preamp, using ONLY the onboard graphic EQ into the FX loop of my rackmount Rectifier.

Isn't this what James Hetfield does?

Latest posts

Back