bk butler tube driver...anybody got one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masque

Reaction score
and if you do...is all the hype true.....when i read about these things I am awful tempted to get me one but I would liek to hear some opinions first!

The Tube Driver is a great pedal indeed!
Works wonders in front of any tube amp,
even Solid State ones (& that says a lot...!)

However, the H & K Tube factor is even better!
It has more gain on tap... & is a bit more touch sensitive!

I had one for a year and it is truly nice sounding and built like a tank. I wish I had never sold it. When I had it, I was using it in front of an old carvin monitor power amp with a built in graphic eq through a carvin stack. It sounded awesome! but no where near as good as any of my mesa set ups....

they are awesome, butler designs are very good know, I recommend it 100% it is not on the same way that H&K so we can´t compare them is like trying to compare blondes and brunetes, they are totally different

I own one. I use it with my Pete Cornish P2 or Sovtek Big Muff for Gilmour stuff.

Without doubt The OD of this kind. I hear the H&K Tubeman is a toy in comparison, I once did try the Vox Big Ben, but then I had a close encounter with the TD... The one I have was made with the Tube Works logo and by reputation supposed to be the ugly duckling, but even so I couldn't be happier.

One shouldn't confuse the TD type of ODs with the Tubescreamer type of ODs. TDs make everything fatter and more compressed in a powerful way. TSs gives you a bluesy shimmer.

I'm thinking in getting one to put between my Strat and the Mesa F50. The thing is that for some solo's sounds I'm setting the gain in channel 2 almost all the way up and sounds ok but it doesn't clean as well as if it was at 2 o'clock when I lower the guitar volume. So I'm thinking in placing an overdrive to boost the preamp and getting more distortion

Does the TubeDriver work well for this or maybe I should think in just getting a good booster?

What do you guys think?

thnks

cheers!!

Latest posts

Back