Are These "Problems" Normal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin

Reaction score
I've noticed two "problems" recently with my LSS. Take a look at the picture below.

IMG_0014.jpg

Channel 2 is still noticeably louder than channel 1. Channel 1 is quiet even when I don't compare the two channels. Both channels are set to 30W. Is that normal or is there something wrong?

The second problem has to do with the reverb. I use a bit of reverb on channel 1 and nothing on channel 2. If I strum a chord while using channel 2 and then switch to channel 1 while the chord is still ringing, there is an odd reverb-drenched volume swell that lasts for about a second. Is that normal? Thanks in advance.

Normal & normal. The 2ch vol can really be difficult to set and has a hair trigger. Those levels look like mine with the drive kicked in. The reverb ch switching issue has been called "reverb splash".

Dude your channel 2 settings are also like mine save for I have the bass back at abou 9o'clock the presence and treble back a notch and the gain and drive back a bit. As you probably know the gain & drive and then each eq increase volume so maybe back each one off a smidge.

My humble suggestions: you have your volume levels pretty try your master and volume up at 12, if too loud go back to 15 watts, if still too loud go back to 5 and drop your gain a bit more (using 5 watts you can back the gain off quite a bit). You will probably find this will enable you to drop off the bass a bit as well - you get much grater clarity, oompff and spank when this amp is cranked.

Latest posts

Back