Any Heritage Love?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ursinus

Reaction score
I went in to one of my local dealers and demoed a Chris Bovard Sig. Heritage OMG, what an awesome guitar. It blows away every Les Paul I've ever tried IMO. It is a big, heavy guitar though. That would be its only drawback. Played it through an old MKIII and it sounded amazing!

haha. that is funny. where are you located?

the reason it's funny is because chris bovard is the sales guy at one of my local guitar stores. i've actually played that guitar too and it was pretty sweet. he was telling me about the design process. he's a nice guy, but is definitely one of those who "could sell ice cubes to eskimos" if you know what i mean. the only place i've seen heritage was in the place he works, and didn't realize other people even knew of it.

but yeah, his sig model was really nice. it played awesome through the 6505 i put it through.

jtb226 said:
haha. that is funny. where are you located?

the reason it's funny is because chris bovard is the sales guy at one of my local guitar stores. i've actually played that guitar too and it was pretty sweet. he was telling me about the design process. he's a nice guy, but is definitely one of those who "could sell ice cubes to eskimos" if you know what i mean. the only place i've seen heritage was in the place he works, and didn't realize other people even knew of it.

but yeah, his sig model was really nice. it played awesome through the 6505 i put it through.

I'm in SoCal and the store was "The Fret House" in Covina, CA

that's cool. i'm all the way across the country, in PA. i just think it is weird that you played a sig model designed by a guy that i know and have bought guitars from.

Any Heritage love? YOU BET! Have a 555 in antique natural, it was purchased secondhand, I will NEVER sell it. The sound is inspiring, the looks are drop dead gorgeous. The original owner spec'ed the select woods package, it was built with a long neck tenon, and the Duncan Seth Lover PU's seem to work really well with the design, woods, and build quality. It is very hard to put back in the case every time I play it. The hardest thing about owning it is feeling uncomfortable when others want to play it and saying no, nearly every player wants to hold and play that sees it and some are more careless than others in handling. It's a wonderful stage instrument, great looks and sound. Not a 20+ guitar owner, but it is my #1 squeeze.

Heritage H157 owner here, absolutely love it! When I bought it I was looking for a Les Paul for about a three months, played every gibson that I could get my hands on then I found this baby at True Tone Music. Best "Paul" I ever played!

Heritage's are great. I don't have one but have played on multiple and my teacher (Vince Lewis) is one of there featured artists. They are well made instruments for a great price. Better quality than a Gibson for a much better price. Go to www.vincelewis.com to check Vince playing on his. Great jazz guitar playing

fishyfishfish, can you post a picture of you're H157? I'd love to see it! You guys got me all cranked up on a Heritage now! Any reputable internet dealers that you know of? I wonder if the current changes in the company will change anything?

I was interested in getting another Les Paul, but all the things I've been reading about the company and their QC is making me rethink things a bit. That H157 looks like exactly what I need!!!

I have never played on a bad heritage. I have read about people talking about reliability issues but never dealt with it. I know that the people who use Heritage use them because they are great guitars in every aspect. My teacher Vince Lewis loves them more than his old Gibsons. Kenny Burrell plays them too along with a lot of other guitarists that aren't your top 40 rock stars. These people are your long time seasoned players who have been in the business for a while and seen the rise and fall of a lot of companies.

Of course there are rotten eggs in every company. I've played on many $2000 Gibsons that were terrible and a lot that were great but I have never played on a bad Heritage.

Check out Jay Wolfe's music. They are based out of Jupiter Florida or Ed Roman Music out of Las Vegas.

Wolfe Guitars is kind of the place to go to for Heritage. Stay the hell away from Ed Roman. Great guy as long as you're throwing money at him. The second you need help he's a prick. He's got one of the worst reputations in the biz.

If you want to talk to Chris Bovard, he's the guitar gear manager at Robert M. Sides in Williamsport, PA. He's a pretty cool guy.

I have heard the same thing of Ed Roman too. From what I know he also has the Heritages that he sells altered. I think he replaces the bridges and tailpieces. Heritage usually has a Schaller style tune-o-matic which lets you change intonation of course but also lets you decide string width and the ones he has seem to have a standard tune-o-matic

Latest posts

Back