Am I mad to wanna trade in my Rectoverb 25 combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulg2uk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

You all might think I'm a little crazy here but I have a rectoverb 25 combo which I love but recently I bought a mark v 25 head which is excellent I couldn't be more happier with it. I use it it's my wide body cab. Now I'm thinking I wanna trade my rectoverb 25 combo in for the head version just because Id like to use it with my 1x12 wide body and then I'd have all mini heads (told you I was crazy lol)

What do you all think? I'm I just being a typical guitarist here?

Should I trade it in or try and sell it?

Many thanks

Paul

Combos can be handy, and you can plug it into the extra cab anytime you need bigger sound... But the mini heads are cool. If you ever need a combo, you'll wish you had it. If you don't, move it for a head. But if you do that, sell and buy. Trading in at a store won't get you much for your combo and would then lean me heavily towards just keeping what you have. However, if you advertise it for sale or trade, you might find a nice head you can trade for and get cash in the deal.

Ha ha I'm in the exact same boat. Just picked up the Mark Five 25 and am now thinking that it would be really nice to have the Rectoverb 25 head instead of the combo.

You can't rationalize it - it is because we are guitar players :D

That said, the Mark Five 25 sounds pretty good through the Fillmore speaker too ;)

dbagchee said:
Ha ha I'm in the exact same boat. Just picked up the Mark Five 25 and am now thinking that it would be really nice to have the Rectoverb 25 head instead of the combo.

You can't rationalize it - it is because we are guitar players :D

That said, the Mark Five 25 sounds pretty good through the Fillmore speaker too ;)

It does you're right. Glad to know I'm not the only one out there that is thinking the same. I dunno I've emailed a few guitar stores over here in the UK I'll wait to see what they say. I have my tc electronic g sys to trade as well so will see what they come up with. I must be nuts lol

Hey guys,

Well I finally did it I sold my recto verb 25 combo and bought a head version. I actually prefer the head through my 1x12 it sounds better to my ears. Anyway here's a pic of the mark v 25, recto 25 and my 1x12.

Enjoy!

Paul

Looks great!

I did swap my RV25 combo for a MR head. I like the separate cabs way more than the combo.

I am running essentially the same rig as you, with the same 1x12. I recommend either pulling the casters off or flipping the cabinet on its side to get it onto the floor. You will get more low-end thump that way and it will sound bigger.

I also recommend trying both on its bottom and on its side. The cabinet sounds different both ways and you might find a favorite.

elvis said:
Looks great!

I did swap my RV25 combo for a MR head. I like the separate cabs way more than the combo.

I am running essentially the same rig as you, with the same 1x12. I recommend either pulling the casters off or flipping the cabinet on its side to get it onto the floor. You will get more low-end thump that way and it will sound bigger.

I also recommend trying both on its bottom and on its side. The cabinet sounds different both ways and you might find a favorite.

Thanks elvis I'll give that a go I never thought of trying that before. Now I just have the dilemma of which amp do i take with over the weekend to gig with lol

Do u still have your g sys? I sold my mine recently to fund my G2 board.

Killer setup! Very close to what I'll have soon. I have the Mini Rec now and my V25 will be in soon. Once I have both, I'll do some cab shopping to see which cab to add. I have the 1x12 Rec cab now. Want to add either another 1x of some flavor, or a 2x12 Recto.

paulg2uk said:
Thanks elvis I'll give that a go I never thought of trying that before. Now I just have the dilemma of which amp do i take with over the weekend to gig with lol

Take both amps. It's faster to swap them than to debug a bad amp or tube on the gig. I always gig with two, which is why I love the size of the MR.

Yup, still have the G System. It just does the job. My band mocks it incessantly, tho.

elvis said:
paulg2uk said:

Take both amps. It's faster to swap them than to debug a bad amp or tube on the gig. I always gig with two, which is why I love the size of the MR.

Yup, still have the G System. It just does the job. My band mocks it incessantly, tho.

My band are the same, I know that when I eventually get my G2 board back they will more than likely start making fun of it lol. My drummer is one to talk though he's always buying new stuff. He gets it more than me lol

How do they make of the g sys? its a great piece of kit.

Looks great.

To run both heads at the same time, I'd buy a 2x12 stereo cab. Another 1x12 will do the same but takes more space as a total package.

The palette of sounds available would be mind boggling. Throw in effects and a good switching system and you'd have fun for life.

paulg2uk said:
My band are the same, I know that when I eventually get my G2 board back they will more than likely start making fun of it lol. My drummer is one to talk though he's always buying new stuff. He gets it more than me lol

How do they make of the g sys? its a great piece of kit.

Well, I have a few pedals on the board with the G System, so it takes up a complete Pedaltrain Pro board (why YES, I am considering the PT Grande...)

The bass player has a tuner and that's it. I have a robotic board with 8 billion patch cables on it, or so it seems to the band.

They like the tones, tho...

Latest posts

Back