Alabama Shootout - The DC-5 Challenge

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you call your amp "Old Smokey", it may be time to check the tranny.
I used to ask my girlfriend (not a tranny) if she smoked after sex.
She said she wasn't sure, she never looked. :lol:

Hey, while you Mark V guys are over there tinkering with your Ubertone techno-toy swissarmy amps with dissociative identity disorder, us DC guys just flip the switch and start cranking out perfect boogie bliss. Hope you can get out of the corner with your knobs and switches set right before the fight is over.

:D

Viva DC

(... until I can afford a Mark V)

http://www.forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=37268

I cannot tell a lie, I dig the new Rhy2. Soooooo much better than the nasally, honky, low-gain sound that was the Mk IV's Rhy2.

MrMarkIII said:
If you call your amp "Old Smokey", it may be time to check the tranny.
I used to ask my girlfriend (not a tranny) if she smoked after sex.
She said she wasn't sure, she never looked. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I gave the '85 C+ that nickname after a couple of "Smoked" screen grid resistors happened within two weeks of each other. The amp was eating the STR-440's like popcorn. A trip to MESA for a tuneup complete with Sylvanias cured the problem, thankfully. Seeing smoke roll out from the EQ sliders will get your attention, for sure. :shock:

lockbody said:
http://www.forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=37268

I cannot tell a lie, I dig the new Rhy2. Soooooo much better than the nasally, honky, low-gain sound that was the Mk IV's Rhy2.

Oh yeah. I used Crunch mode 45w/tube quite a bit last night at the bar. Ch2 is just leaps and bounds ahead of the Mark IV's ch2.

wnlively, i've had a shitty month and i'm sorry I cussed ya.

gts said:
You're all a bunch of illiterate sons of bitches who've joined this thread. Shut your godamn mouths, and listen:
DC-5 :roll:
Mk V :roll:
It's the C+ or nothing :lol:

munch.gif

...ouch!!!!brother George of the C+ Mafia has spoken :D

lesterpaul said:
gts said:
You're all a bunch of illiterate sons of bitches who've joined this thread. Shut your godamn mouths, and listen:
DC-5 :roll:
Mk V :roll:
It's the C+ or nothing :lol:

munch.gif

...ouch!!!!brother George of the C+ Mafia has spoken :D

Did somebody say sumthin' 'bout kneecaps ?
To cover Iowa I was inducted two weeks ago, (I got the shirt to prove it). The Mesa Mafia is spreading out with more strong healthy killers. :twisted:
C+ or bodies will assume room temperature
Grrrr ... Most of the Mark V combo's that were sold, are for sale again it seems. LOL

There may be two different shootouts going on in the state. The C+ vs. MkV will take place next week at an undisclosed location. :wink: The DC vs. MkV will happen soon in the B'ham area, I feel certain. Consider the dookie stirred AND shaken. :lol:

phyrexia said:
My combo isn't going anywhere!

Except maybe to the shootout. :lol:

Then we know where it is going after the shootout right?

scratch scratch

The classified section & Ebay

...you Mark V guys are so defensive..and to think the manual told you the C+ guys were snobs if I remember correctly. tickle tickle poke poke

JOEY B. said:
There may be two different shootouts going on in the state. The C+ vs. MkV will take place next week at an undisclosed location. :wink: The DC vs. MkV will happen soon in the B'ham area, I feel certain. Consider the dookie stirred AND shaken. :lol:

That's probably smart. I'd hate for my amp to punk out the C+'s, also.

hidesbehindsofa.gif

:lol: I keed, I keed!

Seriously though - good times and loud amps are to be had at Casa de Lockbody. There's plenty of room to stretch out and turn the amps up to let 'em breathe a hair. I've sold most of my recording gear and mics, but if someone brings a good mic or two we can get some real decent tracks. Anybody got a stereo mic?

Studio06292009.jpg

Load up the Mark V , Were headen for a showdown.

We gonna kick some dc boodie and leave those C+ guys only one number left to call

1 800 CRY BABY

I feel like screaming "fight fight" like when in the middle school playground, then forming a crowd and circling around to see the carnage.

We just havin fun,

You see really and trully,
Boogie amps are just like people, different amps have different personalities.
No one amp is any better than the other , they all sound diffrent and look different

But if you are Boogie owner than you are already a winner.

Im still forming an opinion about my Mk V. it seems you have to break it in to finally work all of the bugs out of it.
Is it better than my Mk IV ,in a way yes and no.

Do either of them sound better than my Quad preamp?
They are all different

wnlively

Latest posts

Back